July 14, 2008

Wishing You The Best....


Happy Monday Crafters....

I will be using the Pink Cat Studio "Dogs" set for my class scheduled on the 26th of July, so I'm creating some samples for that day. I still haven't thought of what projects to make... that'll come to me within the next 2 weeks, in the mean time, I'll be making samples using this set.

The paper is from 3 Bugs in a Rug. I love their paper. They are 65#, thick enough to my liking (Jo, you would LOVE these!!). Right now I don't have any 3 Bug's Paper available for purchase, but I will have them in a couple of weeks from now. I used Julee's sketch from her pdf book online (thanks Julee!!), and I was set!! I used Prisma Color Pencils (colors used was Sienna Brown, Carmine Red, Black and Lt Blue - hahaha, not showing in the photo, I must've missed it) together with Gamsol to color my image. The sentiment is from SU!, which I punched out using the 1-1/4" circle punch, and I punched out a stamped paw print from PCS's stamp set using my 3/4" circle punch. The ticket punch came in handy for the pink layer right under the circle punch. Then I cut a layer of black right behind the pink ticket punched cardstock. Grosgrain Ribbon is Pretty in Pink from SU! That doggie is such a cute cool diva. She's fab!!!

I haven't shared with you a photo of "today's Hawaii" in a while. Sorry about that. I just keep forgetting to add it to my postings. So... here I have a Bird of Paradise flower to share with you, which I took during my walk sometime last week. This is a pretty flower, I just wish all the other BOP's around it wasn't dead, or I'd be able to share with you a whole yard of it. Can you see why it's called a Bird of Paradise?! Pretty trippy, huh?!?!

Ok, have a great week...