July 28, 2008

Stencils from the past.... Etchlings...


Look what I found... for all you long time stampers out there.... remember these Sampendous plastic embossing templates, called "Etchling"?!?! Gosh, this Saturday, I found a whole bunch of these templates, that I've hidden away in some file folder of mines. I've had them for almost 14 years now... you can see how the labels are quite tarnish on some of them.

Anyways - when I found them, I had to immediately run over to my Big Shot to see if it would work! And it did!!! I put them through the machine in this order, from bottom up:
  • Multipurpose Pad (on Tab 2)
  • Clear acrylic plat
  • Then a soft pad that I purchased from Brian's of Photocraft (it's like a mouse pad, but 1/2 the thickness)
  • Cardstock
  • Plastic Etchling Template
  • 2nd clear acrylic plate
I was delighted to see that it worked.... and how pretty it was. It was like finding something new all over again. DO they still sell these?! Well, I see at Walmart those thin plastic stencils, mostly in Hawaiian quilt shapes, and that gets me thinking now - that they too could work easily through my Big Shot like this - hmmm...

Well, since I embossed this pretty lil' thing, I thought I should create a card with it. After embossing, I rubbed my brown ink pad over it, to add color to my embossing, and give it a grunge look. The oval scallop die cut is a nestie, and then I pierced holes going around the oval scallop, cut an over shape with a plain oval nestie, and used my Changito Love Balloon stamp (just cut off the balloon image) within it. The tree was stamped, cut out and then I stuck on using foam tape. DP is Whipper Snapper, Cardstock is SU! Summer Sun. My card looks "awright" but it didn't look complete, and I didn't notice that until I took this picture.... it's missing a sentiment. LOL... but instead of not posting this, I am going to do so, just so I have something crafty to post on a Monday!!! I'll be back with a sentiment when I think of one...

Have an awesome week my friends...