July 7, 2008

Spot Coloring and 4th of July Weekend

Hello All,

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. We kept quite busy. Before I go on telling ya what we did, here is the card that I created for my father in-law, as he celebrated his birthday this past weekend. I wanted to try out this technique I learned back when I was demoing for SU! I THINK this technique is called "Spot Coloring". It's when you color only a section of your main image kinda spotlighting that lil' section. Well - to do this, you stamp your image on the card stock that you will use for your card - do not color. Stamp your image on the same type of card stock, then punch a section of the image, and use another punch slightly larger for the layering. You then coloring in your lil' image that you punched out. This will be the spotlight of it all. Then line up with the original image, and adhere with double stick tape. It's a simple technique, but looks pretty neat. Card stock is SU!, Stamps are TAC, DP is TAC. I added stitches with my fine tip black pen. Those pens are handy to have around. Card size is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.

On to our weekend... on Friday, we hung out at home. Went up the street to the park at around 8:30 p.m. to watch the fireworks around the south shore of Oahu. We were able to see 3 shows at once - unfortunately, it started to rain on us. Fortunately, we weren't stuck in 2 hours of traffic after the show, like everybody else that drove down to the beach and the parks. Thank God!!!


Saturday, we headed to the water park again. This time, CY3 was able to come with us, so I was able to take a few pics - very few, just 2!! Later we came home to BBQ with CY3's brother and his family. It was a nice evening. I didn't take any pics.

On Sunday, we BBQ'd AGAIN!!! Why? Well, as I mentioned earlier in my post, it was my FIL's birthday, so it gave us reason to have a BBQ. The boys decorated grampa's cake (yea, I purposely spelled that wrong), I think that was the best part of their day (besides spending the day with him when he arrived). After they left, it was a lazy afternoon, of napping and playing video games. Oh well, it's back to work Monday.... I haven't been on my exercising schedule this week - so I ain't surprised if I gained back all the 3 pounds (and maybe more) over the weekend. Well, at least I didn't drink any Pepsi, I'm doing pretty good with that. =0)

I hope you all have a great week!!!

Toodles!