July 29, 2008

Little C's Weekly Challenge #2


Hey Hey Hey....

It's time for another challenge for ya!! (Last week's winner is posted at the bottom of this posting). This prize for this week's challenge is this cute lil' High Hopes stamp called "Sparky" - ain't he a cute lil' fellow?!?! This week, the Little C's DT's are using Julee Tilman's Mojo Sketch from week #3 of her sketch challenges. Julee is really talented, and I love her work n' her sketches. She has a pdf file on her blog, which is a collection of her sketches....

Well, here's my take to it. I changed it up a bit..... instead of the rectangle box, I used an oval one, and moved it to the upper left hand corner of the card, rather than keeping it on the bottom left.

I used the High Hopes stamp called "Wagon Full of Blessings", and the fence is a Pink Cat Studio stamp from the set called "Farm Background". I cut the HH stamp image out to give it a lil' depth, and drew in the lines on the fence to make it look a little more realistic, and added some gravel to the ground with my fine tip black pen. The images were colored with my Copic Sketch Markers, and the flesh parts were colored in with the color "Powder Pink". I highlighted most of the parts with CM #0 - which is the blender of the Copics. I posted a photo of all the Copic Markers that I've used... it's down below. The sentiment is a Bazzill Basic Chiptopper (semi thick sticker), and I thought the sentiment was perfect for this lil' boy pulling his baby sister n' pumpkin along. Jenn of Kiyomi Krafts gave me the inspiration to use my lil' beads that I have been holding on to for years...LOL - I hate that, I buy things, and then they just sit and wait to be used...LOL for a very LONG time. Anyways, thank goodness for Jenn, or these beads would still be sitting. Ribbon is SU!, Cardstock is Bazzill Basics, and DP is DCWV.

Sorry it took me a while to post this one this morning - yesterday was a crazy day, as Cy had a toothache, and I was driving all around town looking for the best dentist in town (I think I've found him)... we'll see, come Friday.

Check out the other ways this sketch was used, created by the talented Little C's Design Team:

If you like these stamps featured anywhere on mines and these ladies' sites - you can find these and more on Little C's Stamps n' Things.

Ok - ready to take the challenge?!?! All you gotta do is follow the sketch presented here, and post it to the web. Come back here to MY blog, and post a comment with a link to your creation. If you would like to post it to SCS, please use "LCWC #2" as the keyword, so that we can check them all out at once (yea, I CASED that line from Beate). =0) Can't wait to see what you all come up with. Have Fun!!!

The winner of LCWC #1 was Mel. Send me your info sister, and the stamp from last week will be on it's way.

Aloha,