July 3, 2008

Graduation Card using Pink Petticoat Image


Hey There... it's 1 day before the big July 4th sha-bang!! Are you all ready for BBQing and partying and having a great time with family n' friends?! I am. Ok... I'll keep my jabbering to the end... here's the card I have to show you today. My mom is going to a graduation party this weekend, and I promised that I would make the card for her. Since we're going to go over there tonight, I thought it would be good that I better get this done, and out of the way. So here it is. I am using an image from Pink Petticoat. The great thing I like about these images is that you can alter them to whatever size that you want it to be. The size of my card here is 5-1/4 x 5-1/4, so I really wanted to make my image kinda big so that it covers pretty much majority of my card. The maroon card stock is from TAC, and because it's core is white, I was able to sand my card stock, allowing the white core to show. I used the "Congrats" cuttlebug embossing folder, which I ran through my Big Shot. Now if you don't know how to run it through your big shot - here is what I used. I used Multipurpose Platform Pad, I used it with Tab 1, then 1 acrylic pad, the embossing folder and card stock and another acrylic pad sandwiched together. If you only have the regular platform (not the MP one), then simply use it that way. I then colored my image with Copics. I know I use my Copics a lot, but don't mean I don't like the other mediums. I think it's just easier to grab since it's right there. Here is a photo of the marker colors that I've used. As you can see - I usually have 1 dark color, and 1 lighter color of the same type. The darker one would be for shading... and you can figure out the rest. Oh yea, and I decided to decorate the envelope that goes with this card. Just a lil' decoration... used my SU! stamp of a diploma (after looking at it, it kinda looks like a butterfly with rectangle wings).

Well - I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will have to have a lot of self control with staying focus on my strive for living a healthier lifestyle. Today's Hawaii photo is of this Plumeria flower which I picked off the ground while taking my daily walk this morning - which you can read all about it here. Not really a pretty flower that I got, but it's really a pretty flower without all that grunge. LOL!!!

See Ya!!!