July 5, 2008

For Allison's Challenge #24

Hello All, Happy Saturday!! I'm just in time again for Allison's SS Challenge - #24, which is "When I Think Of Canada"..... - and when I think of Canada, I think "Moose" but I am not even sure if "moose" is one of the animals there, I think the only reason I've associated "moose" with Canada, is because in most images created by Canadians, I see the moose Riley...LOL, and in one of the High Hope stamps, there was a moose in the image. Ok, well, if I'm wrong, then I might not qualify for this one - duh!! Anyways, I've had this retired TAC stamp set of these cute Moose images. I remember at the time that I purchased this set, I thought that the images of the Moose in this set was too cute to pass by without being purchased. LOL!!! Well, I'm glad that Allison's Challenge allowed me to finally ink up a stamp from that set (even tho' it may not qualify). I wanted the border of this image to be on the the DP that I was using for the strip, so I stamped that stamp once on the DP that I was using, and cut out. I also wanted to pop up the moose, so I stamped the image on another white card stock, then color and cut just the moose himself out. I layer the DP on the section that I want to paper piece (just the border). I color the 1st layer of the image, and on the moose, I just put an out line of 1 brownish color. This is so that when I add the colored moose on the top (with pop-up tape), you would see brown and not white - giving the illusion that you colored the image underneath it as well (but you're not!!). As you can see from photo #2, when I add the moose right on top of the 1st layer, you can only see brown and no white. The white that you see is actually the double stick tape that I applied, and not the white card stock from under it. That's pretty cool, huh?!?!

Here is my completed card. I used the "You" cuttlebug embossing folder. Then took stickles, and went along the embossed "You" and other parts of the card stock randomly, just to add a lil' sparklie to my creation. I've also added some brads. Oh yes, and my layout was inspired by one of Julee's sketches - I believe it was Mojo Monday's week 20th sketch. I check'd out Julee's blog - Poetic Artistry, and she has a pdf file of all of her sketches that can be easily downloaded and saved for future references. I Love it. I was able to open from my desktop - and choose the sketch I wanted to use. I altered the sketch a lil'. Not that much, really just a lil'.

Ok, here are the Copic Markers that I used to color my moose image.. dang, ck out all those different browns that I used...huh?!

I hope you are all having an awesome weekend.

Mwah!