June 19, 2008

Diaper Cake n' Baby Shower Invites and a Small Kine Tutorial

Hello My Dear Friends!!!

I spent the whole day yesterday with my niece Sierra. She's practically a grown woman now, and since it was her day off yesterday, she wanted to hang with me. How special am I?!?! She wanted to get together because she needed help with making a Diaper Cake and some Baby Shower Invites for her friend that is due in October. Now Ladies, (and 1 Gent), you all know I ain't gonna say "no" to THAT right?!?!?!? Really, I've only made 1 diaper cake before I made this one, and that was years ago. I can't even remember who the heck I made it for. Anyways, here is how the cake turned out.



We rolled the diapers up (size N for NEWBORN), held them together with hair bands, and then just made layers going outward, and then stacking them together. Since her friend is having a girl - I figured that the hair bands would come in handy, eventually. The layers are held together with rubber bands.... and then I wrapped around each layer with the pretty pink ribbon that I had. I then tied more pretty ribbons on to the ribbon that wrapped around the layer. Hahahhaa... I hope I'm making sense... sometimes I write, and don't make any sense to myself. I think those of you that have been reading this blog for awhile now already have me figured out, and pretty much know what I mean. We also got some travel baby stuffs, and then just slipped them in wherever to add to the cake. I was so pleased of the way it turned out. Kept telling Sierra how cute it is.

She also needed 20 baby shower invites, so I figure I make something really simple n' sweet. I put my computer to work, and typed up all the main info, and she can fill in the blanks when she finds out all the details. So.... this is what I ended up with....

Now here is where my "small kine" tutorial comes in.... I printed the inner part of my invite on my computer. I embossed the front of my white card stock card with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dot embossing folder. I cut the scallop die cut using my Spellbinder Scallop Circle cuts. Then cut a circle with my Spellbinder Circle cuts. I ran my mini CB folder through making the circle stitches around the circle, and then I wanted to emboss the lil' feet right in the middle. But by this time... I was so fricken lazy (I am not a fan of mass production of 1 designed cards), therefore I wanted to find an easier way of embossing those lil' feet rather than cranking it through my machine. I mean - I have already cranked that machine 80 times.... and I wanted this project FINISHED (by this time, it was already 11 p.m.). So anyways - remember this Quikutz squeeze?!?! Ok, well, with it - I was able to get this (the embossing of the pair of baby feet).

Click Here To See the Entire Tutorial

Here is a close up of 1 of the completed invitations. I was happy to complete all 20 within a matter of minutes... ok I think it was a little less than an hour.

For the inside, as I said - I printed the info on my computer. I used one of the Pink Petticoat images, and stamped some raindrops.




The Raindrops are from High Hopes... since it's for a baby girl - I thought pink raindrops were totally appropriate for this invite. I did NOT color in the image.

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday... tomorrow is my Cricut Class. I hope to have my projects done tonight. Then I'll be able to share them with you tomorrow a.m. I also will be sharing with you the projects I have for my TAC gathering on Saturday.... and for those that ordered kits... Big Mahalos out to you!!!!

Aloha,