May 25, 2008

Birthday Card for Wini

Hey there... it's Saturday afternoon, and in about an hour - I'm going to be in town, hanging with friends, and having a great time. It's been about 4 months since I've seen these bunch of people, or maybe more. We were supposed to have a get together every month, but days fly so quickly, and everyone's schedules are always booked. I'm just glad that we are able to get together tonight, and hang out. I will share some pictures later.

Earlier today, we took the kids out to the movies, to watch "Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian". The last time we took Cy with us to the movies was when he was 6 months old. Yea, so it was kinda new for him. In the beginning of the movie, all went well, but Cy complained about how LOUD it was. LOL!!! About 30 minutes into the movie, he was having a great time, munching on Popcorn and Kakimochi (combined). About 45 minutes into the movie... he was ready to go home. He told me that he wanted to go home, and that he was bored. I told him "they locked us in here, and won't let us out until the movie ends"... and you know what?! It worked!!!! LOL!!! I don't think we're going to the movies again for a while, although it was a great 1st experience, but now we know - he don't like it. Before heading to the movies, we passed the Kapiolani Coffee House at Waimalu. I LOVE this place, particularly for their Ox Tail Soups. ONOLICIOUS!!!! I know some of you locals that are home away from home know what I mean, and is probably making your mouths water, I know mines is... LOL!! So, for today's Hawaii photos, I posted the 1st photo of KCH's sign... ahhhh.... memories, huh!?!?! The 2nd photo is just to show you how our mountains have returned to the island. Thank you Mama Nature - I knew I could count on you!!! Last week, we could only see up to the trees, there after, there was a wall of vog. Thank goodness it is gone.... for how long?! I don't know....

Ok - now for a creation that I made for Wini. Wini's birthday was last week, same day as my sister Nasha's. I made this card for her, which I CASED from Camille (the one I posted this morning). I made the card a little bigger, to fit in a standard card size.

Paper is Basic Grey & 3 Bugs - aren't they pretty?!?!?! The ribbon is from SU!, that one is so pretty too!!! The stamped image is clear acrylic stamp from Penny Black. I'm trying to use my new stamps that I threw all in a basket... it's taking me awhile. But I'm enjoying it. The scallop circle is a Spellbinder Nestie cut.

So when I open the flap of the card, a message is revealed, and it slides back in when I close the flap back down. Too cute!!! Thanks Cami for this idea. I know she said she CASED it from someone else, but still, I CASED it from her. The sentiment is from SU!, Penny Black and TAC. See, putting them in folders are paying off for me, right?! I get to see them all in 1 folder, and just mix and match if needed. The scallop on the flap was made using my corner rounder punch, without the guides. I colored the image with my Copics. I am not to happy about the cat being brown where I've colored, I think I should've used a lighter grey for that part. But it's ok, it's still a cute kitty.

Tomorrow, I will share with you the project I created from Ms. Wini. So come on back, and check out what it is.

For now, I need to stop and get ready for my fun time tonight. Don't usually go out and have fun without stamping - but a girl has got to break loose once in a while. YAY!!! I'm totally excited...

Tomorrow's a holiday, so I am sure the cops are going to be out - as well as the drunk drivers, so I will be sure to be on my best behavior and avoid all the fricken crazy drunk driver's out there. Hope you are having a great time with your family n' friends as well, wherever you are!!!

Big Hugs,