April 5, 2008

Some Easter RAKs....


Happy Saturday all... I am currently working on a tutorial and listening to some sweet Hawaiian jamz....but in the mean time - I figure I post these long awaited Easter RAKs that have been waiting for some "air time"... well deserved air time too!!! Sorry soooo late ladies!!!!

This 1st RAK here is from my friend Ms. Teri.... Such a cute RAK, ain't it?!?! She CASED Dawn's idea (who doesn't?!), and did a splendid job with this matchbook goodie.... Sorry Teri, I couldn't resist... I just had to add white dots to your flowers, and glitter for glitz... it was calling out to me... "sparkle me!!!"... hahaha... so I've added a dash or two... and whala.... I'm sure that was what Teri would've done it in the first place - but she's a very busy girl, so I thought I'd help her out. Tee hee.... Oh but lookie how sweet that Teri is... she read on my TAC blog that my favorite candy was Grape Mentos.. and the girl pulled through and hooked me up!!!! She said that she got it from Shirokiya... and several people also called and emailed me to let me know where to get it from... all said from Shirokiya....see down this side of the island - they don't have the grape flavor.... I don't know why.... but so grateful that Teri has sent them my way.... MWAH!!!

This 2nd Easter RAK is from my "Auntie Margie". This woman is amazing!!! She loves paper crafting and creating intricate projects... and not only does she make just 1... she makes tons of each project she decides on creatng!!! She made 50 of these... and I'm sooooo lucky and honored to have been 1 out of that 50!!! Big Smooches to you, Margie!!! This is actually a milk carton die cut that is made by Accu Cut, and for those of you on Oahu, can get your cuts from Creations Unlimited, in Wahiawa, where Margie purchased them from. Norice and her girls there will be happy to assist you. So... I had to make this video, so that you could see for yourself how to open the box, because just by looking at the photo - I bet you're thinking... "I wouldn't want to open it.. it's too pretty"... but - guess what?! You can open this box, get the goodies, and put them back and have the box still all pretty and all in 1 piece. So, click the video, and see for yourself!!! No music - but please keep in mind that I am using 1 hand to hold the camera, and the other to open the box... so video may be a little shaky in some sections. Other than that - it's pretty neat to watch. Margie used all types of punches to create this project.... I especially love the way she used the circle scallop punches for the bunny's cheeks and a scallop heart punch for his snout... (she turned the heart upside down). The hat was created with a Giga Oval Scallop punch, she embossed the top with the CB folder "Swiss Dots", used a flower from All Natural Accents, a Sizzix die cut swirl... and more punches to complete it. Great creation, Margie!!! I will have this project displayed in my home to share with others.... unfortunately, Margie does NOT have a blog. So, I'm tickled to be able to show off for her....

Ok, go watch the short video now. Have a great Saturday and I'll be back with the tutorial I promised.