April 28, 2008

Matchbook Baby Favor


Well, I had my class yesterday with my girlfriends Kristy, Tiff n' Mary Anne. We hardly see of each other, now that we are all working separately. We try to catch up with each other on a monthly basis, by getting together somewhere (most of the time it is at my house), and then we find out what everyone has been up to, and just talk stories and munch on snacks. Kristy is throwing a surprise baby shower for her boss, and she needed ideas. So, that is whom I have been making these favor ideas for. I didn't make any kit for them, as I knew they weren't going to want to make every single one of my favors. Plus, I wanted to show them how much time it took to actually cut and measure each one, so that they got an idea of how long it would take to make them.

Through it all, my nose was still acting up, sometimes runny, sometimes clogged. My head wasn't pounding but it was a little pressured! Ho Hum!! But, I persevered, and pulled through. I hate being sick, I'm so sick of being sick. Just can't wait til' when I can kick this sickness to the curb!!

Ok, enough of that....here is the matchbook favor yesterday morning. I thought it was pretty simple to make. You can make this with any sized candy, just adjust your measurements and scores accordingly. As you can see in the photo, I have a staple mark on the very bottom, because I stapled it too close to the edge. Don't make that same mistake like I did. I figure I share with you my errors, because I really am not perfect when it comes to creating. Plus, I wasn't about to create another one, just for looks, KWIM!?!?!

What I did to create this favor: I cut a piece of cardstock that I thought would cover the bag of candy, which was 3" x 7". I then scored at 3", 3-1/2" and 6-1/4". I cut the square scallop using my square spellbinder nestie by running it through my Big Shot, stamped the baby giraffe image unto my cut out white cardstock, which is from Whipper Snapper. I then used my SU! Bashful Blue & Aqua Paint Brush to color in my Baby Giraffe image, and Barely Banana to color the spots on the Baby Giraffe. Punched a 1/8" hole in the upper right hand corner of the die cut, not quite in the corner, but a little lower than the corner. Then threaded a light blue organdy ribbon through the hole, and tied. Applied adhesive to the back of the white cardstock, and stuck it to the front of the matchbook cover. Took the candy bag, and shook the candy pieces to 1 side of the candy bag. Folded in a piece of the candy bag, and stapled together to the bottom flap, so that the candy wouldn't move out of it's place. Close the top cover over and slip it between the cardstock and the stapled candy (just like you would a matchbook). All Pau!!

I have 1 more favor to share with you, which I've post'd on my TAC blog today. Go on over and check it out... oh, and have an awesome week ahead.....

Aloha,