March 25, 2008

What I did this weekend.....


This weekend was busy and all with Easter, but on Saturday, I was able to check out Ben Franklin's Mapunapuna (my LCS) before I went to pick up my niece, who lives in the same area. While there, I was surprised to see that my stamping sister Cheryl was there hosting a "Make-It Take-It" for one of the companies that she represents, which happens to be one of my favorite companies, Hero Arts. The store charges a small fee to do the 2 "MITI's" that Cheryl had, so I happily paid my fees, and ran back to where Cheryl was at, to do her projects. Her 1st project was a square basket, with a handle using the crimp machine. Using the cupcake from one of HA's stamp set, we stamped, stickled, and glittered. Cheryl's basket didn't require any gluing or cutting, just folding, then punching a hole, and then using 2 brads to hold everything together. It was the cutest thing. With the cupcake image, I messed up - or thought I did, by using brown for the pink part of the cupcake, but using my lace stickles, I was able to go over the brown lines, and create a "frosting" look. Doesn't that cupcake look so yummy?! Cheryl also had these heart jewels to add to the top of our cupcake, and a HA stamp to go into the basket. Thanks Ms. C!!!! Here are a few close up pics to show the glitz on the cupcake. I wanna take my finger and taste that frosting!!! hahahha.... I also took my Copics and added some shade to my cupcake base when I got home. The 2nd project was also using a cupcake image. But this time, it was a die cut image from Sizzix. Ok, for those of you that attended this MITI, you will notice that my 2nd project looks totally different from what we did. It's because when I went to take the picture with Cheryl (see below), my 2nd project (which was incomplete, because I had to leave) was in the basket, and I took it out - and set it on the table. Well.... I forgot to grab it, and pick it up. So, I used a die cut of my own, which I chose a scallop pouch that I had. Sorry Cheryl!!! I used the same stamp set for the sentiment though - because I have this set!!! The top of the cupcake is actually a double sided sticker. You could probably do this with your Xyron machine. So, we stuck the top to the bottom layer (blue), and then peeled off the other side of the sticker - since it was sticky, we poured glitter over it to add pretty glitz. We then glue on different blings, which I thought was such a great idea!!! Because Cheryl was sharing all these cupcakes, that is why I was such in a cupcake mood, and used a cupcake stamp for my project that I posted yesterday. Once again, a double shot to show you all the glitz.... I again used my Copics to add a little shading to my cup. Perfecto!!!

I had a marvelous time at this "MITI" that Cheryl had. I was pretty surprised to see such a big group of ladies!!! Cheryl had 2 tables going, and then a long line waiting just to get to the tables. The store clerks at one point had to move all of us to the back of the store because we were pretty crowding the front section of the store. Very Impressive Cheryl!!!! Cheryl remained calm, cool and collective.... hahaha, and all the while she still had a little time to laugh and pose for a picture with me (well, she better have!). Oooooo.... there were also a few ladies there that had come up to me, and introduced themselves to me and let me know that they frequent readers of mines!!! Wowie!!! I felt like one celebrity I tell ya... and a few of them that I already knew...what a small island!!! I'm so glad that I get to share this passion of stamping with these group of ladies. Here are a few pics that I've taken....

Thanks for stopping by today, and if you are interested in attending any of Cheryl's "MITI's", she travels around the island hosting MITI's at different stores. So, to see if she is having a MITI near you, check out her website at "Life is Sweet". Cheryl will begin to post her MITI locations, dates and times of upcoming MITI's. Hopefully I will talk her into creating a calendar for people to just click on to view.... Thanks for a great time, Cheryl!!

Don't forget to check out my previous post, as I'm celebrating my "Blogoversary" with a giveaway!!!

Toodaloo....
Jen