March 17, 2008

Favors for a Baby Shower


My BFF Rose is prego with her second child, and she's having a girl!!! She is due in April, that means baby is coming soon, which means - BABY SHOWER!!!! Well, in actuality I was supposed to help her inlaws throw a Surprise Baby Shower for her, but Chazz' end of the season football game happen to fall on the same day as her suprise shower. So - I bailed out, as I didn't think I'd be able to help in prepping for the party. Therefore, we (Charlie and I) decided to take Rose and her family out to brunch for an "Exclusive" Baby Shower - just us, and them. To get them there - Charlie told them that he was taking me out for my birthday, and wanted them there. But all along, it was just bait for them to get there. It worked!!! But, they thought it was a surprise for me - when it infact was a surprise for them!!!! (That should explain the lei and tiara that I'm wearing on my head). I even made them an invite that read:

"We ask that you join us for an EXCLUSIVE Surprise Baby Shower for Rose, Matt and Jayvin Gamiao on Sunday, March 9, 2008, 10:45 a.m. at Hoku's Restaurant located at the Kahala Madarin Hotel & Resort. It's going to be just us, and them..... You going come? Oh wait.... you already here!!! SURPRISE!!!!!"

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of that invite - and I want to kick myself in the butt for forgetting to do that. I also made favors for everyone that attended our exclusive shower (all 7 of us!!). I only took pictures of the 3 because the others were the same. I used my Cricut machine, Spellbinder die cut and Cuttlebug embossing folders to create these simple favors. I used some bling to add sparkle to the favors. I've seen them online on someone's blog (thank's for the idea!!! I can't remember whose site it was, but you know who you are!!!) and thought that they'd make great favors, once I knew that we were going to have this shower for Rose.

I have known Rose since the 10th grade... I thought after I graduated, we weren't going to be in touch (because she's 1 year younger than me). But we've kept in touch, and have always been a part of each other's life since then. I'm so happy that I get to share my family together with hers, and to see our family grow together is just another blessing to added to our long term friendship. Congrats Rose, Matt & Jay!!!! We can't wait to hold our little niece when she arrives!!!

To view more pictures check out my family blog by clicking here.

Have a great day!!!

Toodles,
Jen