February 17, 2008

I did it!!!! The last 15 pages....



Tee hee....as you can see... I was able to complete the rest of my pages within 3 hours. I used the entire 3 hours to it's fullest too!!!! I bet you're wondering how I did it, huh?!

Ok, well..... here's what took place - at 7 a.m., I decided to cut out all my pages (to 8x8) and do the layouts. I had no idea what kinda layouts, but as I cut the pages, ideas were going through my head. I used a set of pastel card stock of SU! that I had, and with the remaining card stock from a 12x 12, I used them for the photo layouts. I grabbed a bunch of ds paper that I thought would look great in a baby album, and just threw it on a page where ever I thought would go great. That took up the 1st hour. At 8 a.m., I went and cut out all the die cuts I wanted to use, while doing that, the ideas of embellishments were tossing around in my head. Ribbons, ribbons, ribbons - that's what I kept thinking. I used my Cricut for all the die cuts, made the sizes of what I wanted, and flipped where ever needed. The giraffe needed some spots - well, guess what?! I only had 1 ink pad around me, and no stamps (I was in the living room). I thought, a dauber would be good right now, but I was too hyped to stopped what I was doing, and go to the room to get it. So - I used my finger!!! If you look closely - you'll be able to make out my finger prints. By the time I was done with the cutting and pasting of die cuts on the pages, it was already 9 a.m.! I then went to the room, and embellished the pages... ribbons & buttons. Kept it limited, and to save time - I used ribbons that were self-adhesive. When I was done with adding the ribbons, it was 9:30 a.m., then it was time to wrap it, grab a card from my stash, write a note - and then get ready!!! We were out the door by 10:15 a.m.!!! We had a great time at the party.... I'll be blogging about it on my family's site... but for now, I think I need to catch up on my rest. It's been a very long long weekend!!!! Will share with all of you in the next few days!

Have a wonderful evening...