January 11, 2008

A Tutorial: Reverse Bold Stamp Coloring

***EDITED 1-12-08: Step-By-Step Photos Reloaded due to problems that some readers were having.




Good Morning Blogland!!!!

It's Aloha Friday!!! Happy Aloha Friday!!! Hope all of you Die-Hard Hawaii fans are wearing those Muu'muu's and Aloha Shirts proudly today. Here's hoping that you're weekend is a grand one... I have a simply tutorial for all of you. I don't know what it's called, I just made up the name myself, I call it "Reverse Bold Stamp Coloring". You know with bold stamps - we color directly on to the stamp itself with either an ink pad, or a marker? Well - this time, you'll be coloring on the paper/cardstock that you stamp the image on. It really is pretty simple as 1-2-3....

You will need: Your bold stamp, markers with fine and brush tips to color in your image, and a light colored ink pad.

Step 1: - stamp your image in a light color ink pad (in this case, it's the same color I'm using for the lion's body).









Step 2: Use your fine tip marker to outline the sections that you would like to color in with your dark marker.














Step 3: Color in your sections....




This is pretty much a simple technique to do. Here are the cards I've made with these images. Both are the same layout - just different sentiments. I will try and post more samples of this technique soon.


Cards Details: Lion Stamp - TAC "Wild For You", DS Paper - DCWV, CS - SU! Summer Sun & Ruby Red, Grosgrain Ribbon - SU! Burgundy, CB Folder - Blooming Spots, Sentiments Stamps "Hello You" - Hero Arts, "Congratulations" - TAC. I embossed the cardstock, and then rubbed with my brown ink pad, right over the cardstock to bring out the embossing of the card.

That is it for this week!!! I'll see you all on Monday!!! Take care and have an awesome weekend!!!

Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen