January 30, 2008

Questions From Readers....


Hello there... Some of my readers sent me questions to answer. So I figure I post it here to share with all of you. Feel free to ask me any question. I will try my best to answer them for you.

From Lil:

"Hi Jen
I got a problem. I tried the technique with the cuttlebug embossing folder(hearts) where you emboss it and then brayer it with glue pad. Then you put glitter on it. Well the fine glitter is stuck to the tray or paper and to me!!! how do I cut down on the static? I have tried the litter static bag and even a dryer sheet. Could it just be happening because the air is so cold and dry here(North Carolina) or is it some other reason. Could you maybe post your answer may some of your readers are having the same problem.
PreshateYa!
Peace
Lil"

Hey Lil, I use a make up brush - the big one that you'd use to put blush or powder on. It's not to remove the static cling, but rather to remove the glitter. I've never thought of using a static bag or even a dryer sheet to decrease the static cling. I just did my thing, and then gathered those glittery things all back in a bunch and back into the bottle. The brush also helps to remove excess glitter on your projects as well as the ones that stick to you too!!!

*****

From Charlotte:

charlotte has left a new comment on your post "Oh what a windy, rainy and cold day it is!!!!":

"Nice layouts on all of your pages - I especially liked the last one. Is the printing a font or your own writing?"

Hi Char, The journaling is actually a font that I'm using from Adobe Photoshop Elements. I haven't printed these pages yet, as they are digital scrapbooking.

*****

From Velta:

Velta has left a new comment on your post "Busy Weekend":
"Jen ~ Please tell me where you got the Silver Anniversary flower stamp...this card is just stunning ;)"

Aloha Velta... the Red Torch Ginger image isn't actually a stamp, it is of a metal embossed template that I used, then colored with my prisma glitter pencils. I bought the template from my LSS, and it is made by a company called Dreamworks.

*****

Thank you all for asking such great questions!!! I think I will be answering them this way, as someone else out there may have the same question as you do. =0)

Have a good hump day!!!!

Hugs,
Jen