January 29, 2008

Oh what a windy, rainy and cold day it is!!!!

Happy Tuesday Friends....

Oh my!!! It is cold, rainy and windy here in Hawaii. Here is a photo I took of today's rainbow right outside my bedroom door. Isn't it pretty?! My AC isn't on today (Charlie will be happy to hear that). It feels great, I wish I had some time to sip on some Hot Cocoa, and cozy up in bed with my kiddies. But no, I've got tons of things to do!! Well, after Chazz gets home from school today - we will be heading down to my grandma's apartment, and packing up her personal belongings. This weekend, we finally found a care home that is perfect for her. So, now we gotta get her things, and remove them from her apartment. It is dusty, I tell ya!!! But somebody's gotta do it, right?!

Well, I think I have finally decided to kick my butt and get into the gear of scrapbooking. But I'm not going to do it with my precious DS papers. Instead, I'm going to go "Full On" digital scrapping. AHHHH!! I don't know if this is going to drive me crazy, or make things better for me. I was able to do 3 digital pages today, and I know I wouldn't be able do these 3 had I been using actual embellishments and papers. So, I guess it might make things better. But we'll see - let's see how long I can actually keep up with this. These pages have photos taken in January 2007. When I complete it - I hope to create a DVD slide show. Ahhhh!!!! I'm screaming because I'm excited, and yet kinda worried about it all. The one thing with slide shows of Digital SB Pages - you can't add too much photos, cause it'll get lost in the page. But yet, if you're blind as a bat, you can easily zoom in and see what the page is all about.

The programs I've used to create these pages are Adobe Photoshop Element and Memory Mixer. I used APE to do the layout, and used MM elements to create it. I love working with the APE program, because it makes it soooooo much easier to move the images around. Had I use the MM program to do it - I think it would've taken me 3 times the time I spent creating 1 page. It's not difficult, just that there are less short cuts.

As you can see, I didn't put any watermark on my SB pages. Well, that's cause I'm going to be adding them to my slide show, and I don't want any WM's on there - would look kinda weird, ya know?! On the other hand, who would want to steal my work with pictures and all and claim it for their own? That would be too funny, creepy too.... if you think about it.

I didn't put any text on page 2... but I can always go back into it, and add it then.

Page #3 shown here - I wanted to remember what the day felt and looked like. It was a beautiful day, and just look at that gorgeous skyline. For those of you that no longer live here in Hawaii, this photo was taken looking towards Ewa Beach.

I had a great time creating these pages. Although my ass is sore from sitting on it for so long, it sure beat trying to grabbing all the embellishments, papers and tools that I would've used for these pages. On top of that - I sure saved a lot of printing. I don't think I'll be printing these. At least I don't want to think about it yet. hahahaha... You may click on each photo for a larger view.

Hope you all had or is having a great Tuesday today. I'm off to get Chazzy and then to Grandma's!!!

Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen