January 17, 2008

More Christmas Stuffs....


Happy Thursday Sisters...

I have a little more Christmas stuffs to share with all of you. Every year, I do my own Christmas cards by using some type of photo program, and have it printed at Sam's or Costco. I'm sure most of you do the same. Anyhoos... this is the result of my family Christmas card. The background image was actually an image that I copied off of the internet. I had to save it at a very high resolution so that when it printed it wouldn't be pixelated. The family photo that I've used here is actually enhanced.... you see, in the original photo - Cyrus was actually looking down, and NOT at the camera. So - I took another photo, which he was actually looking to the left and not the right, but had a very cute smile on his face. I cropped out his head, then flipped it - then matted it right on top of the original photo. I bet those of you that received this card is now going to take a double-take at it, and go... "Kno' Wonder!!!!".... I think I need more practice... I'm sure 1 or 2 caught it, and thought that it looked somewhat odd - but it worked, huh?!

Anyways.... last week sometime, I sent out a box of goodies to The Angel Company and the Support/Customer Service Department - it was a belated Christmas gift to them all. The box was full of Hawaii candies, nuts, chocolates - you name it... it was there. I wanted to Thank them for helping me out in growing my business. Without them working their buns off, sending me my orders "pronto", and being very friendly and personable with me - I don't think I'd be succeeding. They are a huge support system for me - and I just wanted to let them know that. So I sent that box of goodies, and on one of the boxes of chocolates, I decided to add my own touch. This is a box of Hawaiian Host Chocolates, so the cover is pretty wide - about 11-1/2, and it's length was about 6 inches. So I took a 12x12 cardstock - and just sized it up to the same of the box. Then took some DS Paper of The Angel Company, and wrapped a strip (about 3" wide) right around that left section of the box. Cut some Spellbinder scallops (the largest and the 2nd to the largest) so it was matted one on top of the other. Stamped my Snow Couples on there (retired TAC stamp), colored with my Prisma Pencils, and blended with Gamsol. The sentiment is another TAC stamp... but it too retired. I added some ribbon, and of course our family Christmas card, and off it went to The Angel Company. They should be receiving it anytime soon!!!!

Ok - on this last Christmas stuff that I'm sharing... it is a card that I've made for Christmas, that I ended up NOT giving away. Do you do that sometimes?! I thought it was sooo cute, I couldn't bear giving it up. Hahaha... how vain is that?! I'm sure you're probably thinking, so make another one. But if you know me, then you'd know that I don't like "mass producing" and that it just wouldn't be the same for me if I did make another one exactly the same. I would lose that feeling of how special the card really is. So... here is the Christmas card that didn't leave my house. It is now in my sample book of favorite creations. I took another photo to show you how I made some of the items in the image 3D. I got this idea from Liane of Cute Stuffs. She's always got these cute ideas, that I hope I can re-create myself. Not there yet...

For this card - I used water color pencils, water color paper, little bit of stickles for my bear's Santa hat. The strip of embossing is CB's Snowflakes, which after embossing - I rubbed my New Canvas ink pad over it to get that look. The DS Paper is from Autumn Leaves, and sentiment is from Stampendous. Scallop once again - Spellbinders. Stamped image is of "Stamp It" - it's an Australian company, that I totally LOVE cause they have all these bears. Hawaii stampers can find these cute bears at Liane's store - "Cute Stuffs" located at Puck's Alley. When you get there, tell Liane I wrote about her, and am "plugging" her store. She'll be real happy!! Don't forget to give her my web address so that she can pop in and visit. I really love this card.. it's just too cute to let go, ya know?! Can you blame me?

Have an awesome Thursday ladies....

Hugs to all,
Jen