January 18, 2008

More Cards For Kelly's Dear Friend.....


Happy Aloha Friday Ladies....

Remember a few days ago, I posted about giving to a family of 7 kids that have lost their mommy to cancer?! It was a posting from Teri, that she shared here. I was only able to complete 3 earlier this week - and now I have completed the remaining 4. SO I share them with you today....

This 1st card here is made for one of the boys in the family. I wanted to make it more male oriented, cause didn't want him to feel funky receiving some kinda flowery card. The stamp is from TAC - such a cute lil' pug. But he retired. hahaha - I'm such a dork to keep sharing retired stuffs huh?! Well - you know, I just got into TAC, so I'm trying to enjoy the stamps that I've already purchased. But don't worry - I'll be creating with new stuffs real soon. My Open House is right around the corner - but I wanted to finish this project first.

Ok - anyways.... the next card here is, for another boy in the family. I need help with color!!!! I used my prisma colored pencils and blended with Gamsol - and then, get this - I shadowed with my Copics. I'm still trying to "see" the "shadowings" before I color - it's fricken hard. I should ask Charlie to help me, cause he is so good in art. But by the time he gets home from work - I don't want to bug him about my "play things", also I'm usually doing dinner n' stuffs by then. This stamp is from "Stamp It" - so cute... I love using these animals stamps, they really show how cute n' loveable they can all be.

Here's my lil' teacup mouse. I'm not too happy about the shading on my cup - but I totally love the shadow I've done of the teacup n' mouse. Still trying.... The sentiment is of Hero Arts. I love it - it's so sophisticated (that sentiment stamp).... it stands out, but yet, is so petite and clever!!! The stamp image is from Whipper Snapper - I love WS stamps. Did I tell you that already?! I love how their images are so huge, and that they are so fun to color!!!! For coloring - I used my Copics.

My last card... the image is from Penny Black. I like PB stamps too - especially when they are cute like this one. The sentiment is of The Angel Company, and even though they are not "bears" per-say - they are totally giving "bear" hugs. Too cute. For coloring - I used my prisma color pencils, and then shadowed with my Copics. I am finding that it is FUN to color them with both mediums....

Well, I truly hope that this family will find a little comfort in these cards that I'm going to be sending. It's just tooo sad for me to think about these children losing their mama at such a young age. No fair!!!! I pray that they all remain strong and carry on their mama's way of life which is to live strong, and to live life to it's fullest. Rest In Peace, Dottie!!!

OK ladies... may you all have an awesome weekend!!! I'm heading over to my "mama" Wini's house to hang out on this wonderful Aloha Friday.

Have a great day!!!!

Hugs,
Jen