January 31, 2008

Coloring V-Day Cards with my Copics

Good Morning Ladies!!!

It's still gloomy & rainy today. The skies are gray, and the house is cozy. I love it. Before I go on, I'd like to answer a question from my friend Jana:

2 Worlds has left a new comment on your post "Some Cards for VDay":
Jen you never told us your copic experience

My copic experience... hmmm... I know that I am loving it!!! I love the fact that I have the whole set. That when I need them they are at my finger tips. Getting the entire set allowed me to receive at least 2 shades of each color. Therefore, I am able to create shading whenever I want. I've searched online thru blogs and watched some videos on You-Tube to learn about different ways of shading. All ways are pretty fun, and interesting to do. I've also experimented on my own. For example, here are 2 cards that I've created, using different techniques in shading.

This first card here with the changitos (monkeys), well, I've colored them completely with a dark brown copic pen (sorry, not going into details as to what #'s they are). Then to get my image to look the way it is with the shading and all, I've used my Copic Cool Gray, and colored where I wanted it to be lighter. Like on their faces and their opu's (tummy's). Because it is alcohol base - it basically breaks up the colors, and gives it a faded look. The embossed background is a Sizzix embossed template.

On my second card, I used two different shades of colors for this image. This technique I learned off of a video from You-Tube, which you can find here. You can either color with the lighter pen and then accent the areas where you want shaded with the darker pen. Or vice versa. Then to blend, you'd take the lighter pen, and brush on to the darker pen to "grab" some of the darker ink, and then blend by doing circular strokes. You could also scribble a little of the darker color unto a plastic or acetate sheet, and then grab the color from there. The swirly background on this card is one of SU!'s Jumbo Wheels, which I converted to a flat. I am thinking of redoing this card, and making the doggie red, and the kitty pink... what do you think?

The sentiments on both cards are of Bazzill Basic's Chiptoppers. Image on card #1 is Stampendous, card #2 is Stamp It.

I also worked on a digital SB page last night. Oh boy - it is sooo much fun!!! I will post it later. Don't want to overwhelm you all.

Have an awesome Thursday!!! Happy End of the Month!!!!

Hugs,
Jen