December 22, 2007

Taking A Break.... Part 2


I'm taking a break again from wrapping gifts. Infact, I'll be done by tonight - and will just need to deliver them. I do however still need to make some cards to send out to some of my stampin' sisters out there. I'm SO sorry that your card is arriving late... I caught a cold last week, after Cy's birthday party - and it started with sneezes, then the sniffles, then the sore throat, and then the coughs. I felt miserable - but like Maria, I too had to have a lil' bit of chocolate to help me feel better. Today makes day 4 of my cold, and it feels like it is subsiding - so I sure hope when Christmas comes around, I'll be better.

Well, here is a lil' gift thingy I wanted to share with all of you. Chazz last day of school was this past Thursday - his school was on a 1/2 day schedule. So, the night before - I had to quickly think of something to make for his teacher. I love making lil' crafty things for his teachers each year. I wonder if they really like it. They don't really say anything. So, if there are any teachers out there that reads my blog... please tell me - what do teachers really think about receiving these handmade gifts. Are they sick of getting them, or is it something that makes them smile?! I love Chazzy's teachers though - they are all so great (except for that one we got fired). Anyways, when I saw Jean's post - on these great lil' teacher gifts, I knew that I wanted to make them too! Along with the 5 note cards, I also added a lil' flare to an album for her.

After completing all projects, I put them in one of those clear plastic containers that my TAC stamps come in. I cut a large scallop tag with my sizzix die cut, and then added a strip of winter scrap paper - along with a lil' stocking die cut. Tied with sparkley ribbon - and it was ready to be given!!


Deets: Note Cards: Stamps - Pink Cat Studio (purchased unmounted), DS Paper - DCWV, Card stock - Walmart. Album: Stamps - Pink Cat Studio, Hero Arts, DS Paper - 3 Bugs in a Rug. Both projects were colored using my Prisma Color Pencils and Gamsol.

By the way - I wanted to say "Thank You" for all of you that left me sweet kind words about my Sebastian. You are all so very loving to me and my family.

Also... those that won my blog candy from a couple of weeks ago. I haven't forgotten you!!! I have yet to mail out your lil' gifts - and will do so as soon as Christmas is over. I thank you all for being so patient!!!

The question for today that I leave you with is....

"How many handmade projects do you make to give as gifts at Christmas?"

From my last question posted, most people's card receiver's list has INCREASED this year - thanks to blogging, we've made quite a bunch of friends, eh?!!?

Tonight, we headed into town - got a video of our city lights in downtown, and of several outrageous homes that totally deck out their house with lights n' decorations. I had to do it - especially cause I promised Maria I would.... so come on back, if I have time tomorrow, I will post the video then.

Click here if you enjoyed this post...

Hugs to all...
Jen