November 15, 2007

Butter Mochi - A Delicious Dessert!!!

Aloha Ladies.... hope all is having a great week. Can you believe that the weekend is almost here?! Also, can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?!?!!? I can't believe it - I didn't even make Thanksgiving cards. Do you make Thanksgiving cards? Who the heck would you send it to, anyways? Hmmmm..... maybe I would send it to my grandma, but since she comes to our Thanksgiving festivities, I don't have to actually send her one, right? Well - today, while gorcery shopping, I started looking for some Thanksgiving food. Hah! The funny thing is - last year, I was looking all over for ham, at the last minute. I think the one ham left were the $40 ones. We ended up getting can ham, that served like only 10 people. Every year, my mom bakes the turkey - and we have a lunch thing at her house. For the past 2 years, we've held the gathering at our home, and Charlie bakes the turkey. No reason, mom isn't sick or anything - I just figured it's time for me (or the rest of her kids) to "give back" and have her relax for the day as well. So I volunteered my hubby to do it. Tee hee... actually - he loves doing the Thanksgiving feasts...and I love eatin' them. Well - back to grocery shopping..... I decided that I better buy ham today, and I did. It was about $20!!! Well, not bad, considering that my mom is still purchasing the turkey. Then I thought I better pick up some of the things that he might need - like chicken broth, yams and pineapple (you know, for the ham!). I then ran across Mochiko Powder... oh yumm-o.... the thought of Butter Mochi simply salivated my mouth. Therefore, this Thanksgiving....I am going to make Butter Mochi as one of the desserts. Makes me ono (hungry, delicious) for it, just thinking about it. Back when I 1st started blogging, I used to post recipes of onolicious foods. Butter Mochi just so happen to be one of it - and you can find it here. I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week......