September 27, 2007

TuTech Thursday - 2 Cricut Techniques

Aloha All...

It's "TuTech Thursday"... what the heck is "TuTech" you say? Well, it's a word I made up - that is short cut for "Tutorial/Technique" - and since I'm naming my days to challenge myself daily - I've named Thursdays "TuTech Thursdays". This week - I am creating with the Cricut Machine, therefore I thought I'd share some techniques with you on this awesome machine. I made a video..... but this time, you do not have the glory of hearing my voice.... there was my son's "Blue Clues" TV show playing in the background, so I took it out, and added sweet sounds instead.

Anyways.... 2 of the techniques that I show you today, is 2 of the many techniques that the Cricut can do. I used the cartridge called "Doodle Charms" - it is a Rob n' Bob Studio cartridge. These guys are so cute - have you seen their picture? Anyways, hats off to them sisters - uh, I mean brothers, Rob n' Bob - they are the bomb, and this cartridge is too darn cute!!!

On the 1st part of the video, you will see how the Cricut can create "borders". The 2nd part, how it creates "charms". I love the advantages of this machine, make 'em small, make 'em beeg, make 'em like one border, make 'em like one charm, make 'em backwards, make 'em shadow - and on and on and on.... so here's the video on how I make 'em this time - after the video, is how I used the die cuts:





So here is what has become of my Cricut Technique #1 - "Creating a Border". I cut out 2 of these pumpkins, and then layered them at the bottom of my card. I figured that I could add any face on these pumpkins, and guess what?! For the pumpkin faces, I used the faces off of these stamps - I had so much fun using them, and although these faces are of old ladies, they actually look gangstahish - so I had to use a "gangstah" sentiment... hahaha... unfortunately, I do not have any gangstah friends or family, so I don't know what I'll be doing with this one. It'll probably just go into my sample folder for me to get a kick out of when I'm old and crabby. Here's the deets: CS is SU!, Cricut Cartridge: Doodle Charms, Font: Mr Giggles - 2 peas.


For Cricut Technique #2... I got the spider charm... and here's what became of that one. I also cut a 5-1/2" scallop circle using my "Mini Monogram" cricut cartridge, and cut off a lil' but to fit the side of my card. Stamps are TAC's "Circle Sampler". I tied with my gold cord, and cut "BOO!" out from my "George Font" cricut cartridge. Added wiggley eyes for a wiggly effect. It's a Halloween card, but not so Halloween colors. Thinking out of the box here.


Ok, it feels like I've spent all day doing these things. I gotta think up something fun for tomorrow's "Funfilled Friday" - any suggestions!?!?!?


Have a great evening all....

oh, and BTW - if you haven't tried out my sketch challenge yet, you still have time.... tomorrow is the last day for submittals - and don't forget to sign up for my JT RAK Club for the month of October.... it's going to be a FUN one!!!!


Toodles!
Jen