September 14, 2007

Our Maui Trip....

Hi All!!! I think I waited long enough to get my butt back into gear and update my blogging... I couldn't decide if I should post something crafty, do something crafty, work on this or work on that. Too many things to do, so little time. I guess it's back to "normal" for me. But anyways... thought I'd start off with a bang, and share the highlights of our Maui trip. Let me tell ya about the fun family time us Youngs had together. Oh and BTW - if you've emailed me, and haven't heard back - I'm coming around... thanks for being patient, and such sweet caring friends!!! Be prepared for a very lengthy post here...

Here goes....We left for Maui Friday afternoon, Sept. 7th. I don't like to fly, so my palms were sweaty, and I could feel my heart beating pretty quick as we accended into the air on the airplane. Having Cyrus next to me yelling, "we're up in the air! we're up in the air!" believe it or not, helped calm me down.... but it also helped knowing that the flight would only take about 10 minutes and then we'd be decending for landing. So that was great!!!



Before I knew it, we were on the ground, dashing to the shuttle to get to the Alamo rent a car station, getting our rent a car, and then driving to our hotel. We were expected to be driving for about 1-1/2 hour, but because it was the middle of the day with no traffic, we got to our destination within 20 minutes... not bad, eh?!



Our destination was the "Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa". It is located on the south side of Maui, and I was in for a treat!!! When we arrived on the hotel grounds, we are greeted by a beautiful man-made waterfall, it was so gorgeous!!! The hotel itself is built all around water.... a waterpark feature, and just tons of water features surrounds the hotel, not to mention the beach fronting the hotel as well. Gorgeous and just wonderful to be here....




As Charlie checked us in, me n' the boyz decided to roam around the lobby to find beautiful artwork displayed throughout the lobby. We later find that there are artwork all over the grounds of the hotel. But first we approach this "wishing mermaid". Like a wishing well, you toss coins into her dish, and make a wish. I think I emptied out my coin purse here. Chazz n' Cy both had a chance at making a wish.
When Charlie was done, we headed to our hotel room to relax a lil' bit. But on the walk to our room, I heard myself say "wow" and "holy smokes" quite a few times. You would've been saying the same thing... beautiful artwork, sculptures, paintings and the landscaping... WOW!!!! Right outside the front door of our hotel room was a waterfall, although I wasn't lying down yet, I was already in a world of tranquility. At the bottom of the waterfall, Koi fishes.... they were bright colored, and swimming in a calm state. They should be - they were in heaven!!! Being surrounded by all this beauty and water really made me feel relaxing and on a real get away.

We got into our hotel room, and saw this....















From our patio, we found out that we were right in front of the hotel's water park feature!!! How cool is that?! NO this bathroom is NOT the water park feature, scroll down a little more....


























Anyways... you can imagine what the rest of our trip was like. A weekend full of fun, excitement, water, sunblock and towels. I'm not going to bore you with more beautiful details, but there are tons of pictures you can view in my slide show below. However, I do want to point out one thing for those that might be visiting Maui anytime soon, that we really enjoyed having dinner at this hot dining spot called Cafe' O'Lei. The dinner was to die for!!! They had all different types of food to choose from on their... fish, steak, lobster, sushi - ONOLICIOUS!!!! I would love to go there on a dinner date with Charlie.... fly to Maui, have dinner at Cafe' O Lei, and fly back home.... **sigh**

All in all, we had a great time relaxing and spending some family time together. The people of the Grand Wailea Resort had so much aloha, and it was just a home away from home.

Now let's get back down to business..... and start creating!!!! Thanks for stopping by n' reading.... here's a slide show of our Maui trip.... enjoy!!!!




Some images shown above are a courtesy of www.grandwailea.com