August 5, 2007

My first TAC creation!!!!!

I can't believe that I actually got to fit in some time to stamp a card last night with my new TAC products!!!! I'm totally loving my new things, and want to use them all NOW!!!! But, you all know that ain't going to happen, or I'd have a huge soggy card to big and heavy to fit in any envelope. So... I will create.... one day at a time.

Because Christmas is right around the corner (yes, believe it or not, there are less than 150 days til' Christmas), anyways, I bought me some cute winter stamps to get ahead of myself. Hah! Hopefully I will accomplish that. Anyways, to start off my new creations, I'm starting it off with a cute Christmas card, using this penguin that I just totally fell in love with. Ain't he a dang adorable one?! I used Prismacolor pencils for the coloring, with a little bit of water coloring. These are new to me, so I'm just getting used to them. The sentiment "joy" is a 3 Bugs in a Rug rub on, and I used my scallop scissors to cut right around it, layered with red cardstock, and cut with my scallop scissors again. Ribbon is from Walmart. The embossed background is CB's "Snowflakes", ds paper is from TAC's Vintage Holiday pack. This pack is super cool - comes in a set of 36 ds paper (1 sided), and is sized at 8x8. Plenty of different designs to choose from. Love it!!!! I used my faux ticket corner tutorial to create the ticket punch look on the corners.

I had fun creating this super cute card. Looking forward in making more and of other designs. Thanks for stopping by.

Much Aloha,
Jen