August 19, 2007

Maria's Altered Can Challenge & OH Make n' Take

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the previous post of my tutorial on "Coloring with Watercolor Pencils". It was fun, and if anyone has any requests out there, even for basic tutorials, feel free to shoot me an email, and I will be happy to do one for you. Much Mahalos ("Thanks") for all of you comments, they filled me with joy!!! The watercolor pencils I used in that tutorial are Prismacolor H2O Pencils, and the Niji Water Brush, and the stamp is from the set called Pickofthepatch.

Maria is having a challenge on her site, it's called "Anything But A Card altered it into a Christmasy type of can. It's also a sample for my TAC Open House which I held today. I will talk about that in a few minutes - but first to tell ya the details on this can. All papers, and cardstock are of TAC. I wanted to feature the different types of paper/cardstock that TAC sells all on this one can." where you are to alter anything that you have on hand. I've altered this canister that previously contained cocoa mix, and I've I've counted about 5 different ways that TAC sells paper/cardstock - and I tried to put as much as I could on this can. Doesn't look like much, but here's where I will break it down. First off, I used my Cricut Cartridge call "Christmas Cheer" to cut all die cuts featured on this can. Santa n' his sled are cut from "Sparkles CS Assortment", which has lil' sparkelie shines embedded in the cardstock. The reindeer's are cut from the Monocramatic Cardstocks - Browns (which are Bazzill Basic Paperz). I also used white cardstock - from the "Basic Cardstock" collection. The DS paper from this super duper Christmas paper kit that I feel in love with, called "Merry Wishes". The green satin ribbon is of the "Mimi Ribbon" set - which is a set of 5 different ribbons, 1 yd each. The cover was already red, so I didn't need to do anything to it.

My Open House today was a success. I had a few people cancel, but the show must go on. I was pretty happy with the turn out, and I have one more OH tomorrow for those that couldn't make it today. I totally forgot about taking pictures, I only took one photo, and it is of Jean's talented girl Chelsea. I was having too much fun talking stories, and telling the ladies about this n' that. So I apologize for not having more "faces" to share. I did however have 1 sign up - my girlfriend Barbara, who was also a DL of mines when I was with SU! - what a delight!!!

Anyways, here is what my make n' take project was. A simple Halloween tag (I bet you're smilin' Michele... =0) I used my CB embossing folder "spot n' dots" and ran it through my big shot. The stamp set is called "happyhaunting" - they had a choice to use any stamp within that set, but this is the sample I provided. Orange organdy ribbon is of Offray which I order occasionally.

I'll post more samples tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!!!

Aloha,
Jen