August 25, 2007

Level A - Patridge


I earned this set off of my own purchase. Tee hee... it's a Partridge set - but I thought it could pass as a peacock. Didn't think that I'd use this set much, but thought it would be a challenge for me to do so. I am surprised at what I came up with.

This one on the left I've smothered with some blings. DS paper is from the Rustic Chic collection. I used chocolate chip grosgrain ribbons for the top and bottom portion of the ds paper. The sentiment is from the "Sentiments" set - go figure! I pierced the upper right corner of the white cardstock on this card. This was fun to make.

This second card here was created using ds paper from the Simply Spooky collection. I wanted to used these Halloween colors, but not use them for a Halloween card. The silk flower is from Bazzill Basic, and so is the large polka dot brad. I'm so glad that I had a pack of these purple ones left. Phew!!! OH!!! I almost forgot to mention... look closely at my card, you will see that the layer with the diagonal stripes have been SEWN!!!! Yes!!! I finally used my sewing machine to do some stitches on my card!!!! It was a little scary at first, but after a few stitches, I was having fun. I will be stitching my cards more with my sewing machine - that's for sure. I stuck to using my partridge stamp, and again, smothered with some blings. The blings are from Hero Arts, by the way - and I sell them for $2 a pack... I have lavender, yellow, teal, pink and green left. If you are interested, email me. I embossed the card base with CB's "Devine Swirls" folder. This card was fun to make too.
Well, hope you all have a great Saturday - I'm off to a birthday party... but still have to work on a card first.

Much Aloha,
Jen