August 25, 2007

Challenges I've Tried This Week....

This week has flown right pass me. I can't believe that it's already Saturday. I had sooo many errands to run, and so little time this whole week. Happens to all of us, huh?! I have been thinking of doing these challenges, but each time I try to - something else comes up. I believe today is the last day for these challenges. I might've already passed the deadline, but I'm posting them anyways.

This first project here is a tag for Maria's Tag-A-Long Challenge. You are to make a matching tag and card. I already made the matching card about a week ago - but here it is again. I thought that a circle tag matched well, being that my card was a CD shaker card, and had a big window circle in the middle. This mouse stamp is from Whipper Snapper. I cut the circle out using the inner part of one of my ribbon's spools. Then I cut around the circle with my mini scallop scissors - then used my slot punch for the slot for my ribbon, which by the way is cinnamon from Offray.

Sorry so late, Ms. Maria!!!

This second card is for Deb's Challenge - a.k.a "StampinGranny"... her challenge is to create a gate fold card. I was going to cheat, and use the gate fold card I did severals months ago - but thought I'd better suck it up, and challenge myself. I made this this morning. After Deb emailed me and said, "you still have time - challenge won't end til' the end of Saturday"... I couldn't disappoint her.... being that her name is "StampingGranny" - I felt that I better listen to my grandma, or she'd get mad if I didn't... so, it was best that I get my butt into gear, and do this challenge. I'm glad that I did anyways - it was something pleasant to make early this morning, while the rest of the Youngs were still sleeping.

This stamp that I used is from Hampton Arts Stamp. You can't see it in this photo - but the black panels are actually embossed with CB's Traffic Jam.... hmm, I wonder if you click on the photo if you'll be able to see it on the larger photo. Anyways, I'm also glad that I did this challenge because this is the first time I used this stamp - ever. I think I bought this stamp about a year ago.... while I was taking my shower this morning, and thinking about Stampinggranny's challenge - this is the stamp that came to mind. I first had a hard time stamping the image, as it wasn't placed on the wood correctly - I then unmounted it, and mounted it on to my creative cling - and I was able to place it easier and better. Yay!!!! I think I'm going to mass produce this one and send some to my sister in Cali to sell at her store. I like how it turned out. The sentiment is from TAC.



This inner part of the card is rather plain... with the rest of the sentiment that follows. Oh well... just how I like 'em. Plain n' simple.

We're heading to my Godson's 3rd birthday party today - at Chuck E. Cheeses. So, that means a card for him will soon be posted - I still have to create it though. Ahh!! I will also post some photos from today's festivities.

Hope you all have a beautiful relaxing Saturday.

Hugs to all...
Jen