July 7, 2007

Maria's Challenge - Extreme Make Over....

My Girl Maria, who writes "Card Inspired" and "Stampin' Inspiration" has been having a weekly challenge. I have been setting a goal to try and complete each one. Each week has been challenging and a whole lot of fun to do. This week's challenge was quite a challenge for me. She was watching "Extreme Make-Over", and got the idea of having an "Extreme Make-Over" challenge. What you need to do is take a previously made card, and change it up a bit. You could either add or remove elements, anything that would consider your card being changed. Well, the challenge for me was hard because I had to find a card that I've already made, and wanted to change up a bit. Sorry to be so vain.... but I love all my cards....hahaha... I didn't want to change any one of them. But then I came across this one.... it was actually a card I made at a retreat held by my up-upline (2 levels up). It's cute, yea, but it was a retreat for making 25 cards, so they had to do simple cards that would allow us to complete them quickly, and in a short amount of time. So, please don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging her idea at all..... I just needed a card that I could actually change up a bit, and just so happen this is the one I chose. So here is the card before I did the "Extreme Make-Over" on it...


As I was working on the card, I realized that I've made the right choice, because just yesterday - I went shopping at Fisher Hawaii, which by the way (island ladies) they have a sale currently going on for 15% off of Sizzix stuffs, anything Sizzix...and their stuffs are already marked down, so an additional 15% off probably came out about 40%-60% total. Anyways, I got a few Sizzix stuffs, but what caught my attention were these BIRDS that they had. It was their last set!!!Had to get them... couldn't pass them up. (What else is NEW?!?!). But it made me realize that I've made the right choice in cards to do the Extreme Make Over on, cause I could definitely re-use the sentiment. I don't have the SU! set used to make the above card, therefore, I didn't have the sentiment. I really wanted to keep it, and because I now can use my new bird stamp - the sentiment can be kept!!! Now to reveal my Extreme Make-Over Card.... here it is...
So what'd ya think?! I like.....
The wedding was GORGEOUS!!! I'll be posting on that later.
Have a good night.... I'm off to let Maria know that I've done her challenge again!!!
Hugs to all....Jen