July 20, 2007

Happy Aloha Friday!!!!

Good Morning Sweet Peas.....

So, yesterday - I didn't get to do any crafting. But I do have a page to share, after this update on what happened yesterday. I went to my mom's. Took some before n' after photos of her fishbowl. She was curious about what I was doing, and asked "why are you taking pictures?". I then got into the story about telling her how I "journal" each day, and share with others. WOW! Mom's face lit up, she was excited to hear more about it. So, we chatted n' chatted n' chatted.... it was a good thing that my sister called, and cancelled our lunch, because she was able to find someone else to take her to get her car out of the shop. It was a good thing, cause I had a great time telling mom about this blogging thing. Next time I go over, I need to show her what I'm talking about.... she thinks it's "neat". Oh boy....when she sees it, she's going to trip out, and see how crazy I am, huh?!


OK, so here's the fishbowl... this was it when I first started to work on it. Clean, nice, crack, eh? (oh! that sounds nasty!) .... moving on.... that foot to the left is Chazzy's left foot. hahahha!!!




Then I applied my tacky glue...and stuck the piece back on.... you can see inside the glue track.... oh, and there's Chazzy's leg! Oh my! He was super duper handy helper.... tee hee...


Take a look at the insides after I glued the piece together. Looks kinda gross right now, huh?! But not to fear.....



Tacky Glue dries quick n' CLEAR!!! Here it is almost completely dry. You can still see some wet spots, but most of it is dried, and quite firm!!! Now it looks brand new - unless you get close up to it.





Tada!!!! My mom is very happy with the results.



I want to get back into scrapping, and at least complete 1 page per week. I know, it's a far stretch for me, but if I set a goal, hopefully I'll be able to stick to it. That means sleeping later at night, and waking up earlier during the days. WOW! Not sure I can do it.... but it's going to be fun. I know some people think (and I'm not talking about you, my ladies), "lucky you don't work..." hah! if they only knew.... all I can say is being a Stay at Home or Work at Home Mom is NUTZ!!! I totally enjoy that I can spend time with my kids, I love them and would do anything for them. It is the other tasks involved that makes the day crazy. And all you SAHM/WAHM nodding yo' heads right now... and you all agree with me, don't cha?! "So why don't you go back to work then?" some might say.... aha.... got you again, I AM working.... 24/7 baby.... yep 24/7 .... that goes for retired ladies too.... these ladies did their time... and now it's time to relax. So, all you retiree's out there.... when you hear the "lucky you no work" line.... you can say, "I've worked longer than you've been alive, sweetheart".... hahaha.... I love all my retired ladies.... I call them my "LOL", which stands for "Ladies of Leisure", yea, and they deserve to be in leisure - and some of them probably did work longer than I've been alive... so sweet though - they all make great "Aunties" for my kids... cause when I scold the kids in front of them, they'd be like, "good girl - you have to do that"... but if I scolded my kids in front of my friends that are closer to age (and no kids), those friends would be like...."Jen, you're so mean...". Too funny!!! You know I love all of ya, LOL's!!

So, here is the 1st page of this "12 years of memories" album I started. I started it towards the ending of 2006... and am focusing on years when Charlie and I were first dating - starting back in 1994 through 2006 when we've already had Cyrus.


Info: DS Paper & Cardstock - Bazzill Basic, Title Font is 2 Peas; "Youngs" is QK die cuts, circles were hand cut by me. I don't think I had the Cricut when I first created this page....

Have a good Aloha Friday all...

Much Hugs,
Jen