July 25, 2007

Good Morning Wednesday....

I'm going to toot some horns today, because I want to share how happy I am about my Sister - Nash (pronounced like "Josh" but with an "N" instead), and my Sister In Law - Karen. But first, a creation by me.....

Here is a really simply-di-doo card, which I basically used ds paper and 1 stamp to put together. Added some hardware brads, and a makin' memory charm. The ink I used for the flowers is white craft ink. It has a rustic feel to it, doesn't it? I totally love tearing paper, and having that torn look on my card. It gets the roughness out of me.... roar!!!

Now on to tooting those horns..... first off... on my sister Nash. She lives in Sacramento, Cali and owns a store there, called "The Hidden Treasure Shop" (you can click on the site to enter and view some of her items). Her store has tons of products and furnitures that have been imported. She also has some of my crafty cards on hand to show off. She recently received her license as a "Certified Mas sues" (sp?) and is now giving massages at $70 for a 1-1/2 hour session. Although she has owned the store for about 8 years now, I am so proud of her that she is venturing into a new chapter of her life, and starting something spiritually endearing to her. So hey, if you're ever in the Sacramento, Cali area, go check her out - get a massage, and let her know that you "know" me... she's going to throw in a $10 discount off of her massage, and you'll get to pick a card creation of mines for FREE!!! Need more info? Email me....

The other horn that I'm tooting is my sister in-law, Karen. She is Charlie's 1/2 sister, and the eldest of 7 of them (Charlie being the youngest). Karen is the current President of the American Bar Association. She recently visited Dallas, TX. She has always been involved with improving the lives of our children in hopes to give them a better future in seeking educational paths that will help them lead our nation. Here, she writes a little about being in Dallas, "The Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers have developed an innovative program for at-risk children. The program, e-Mentoring, Esq. -- implemented in selected schools in the Dallas Independent School District -- connects lawyers with one or more students. The lawyers serve as mentors, encouraging their students to stay in school, study hard and consider college. Because of the time constraints with which we're all so familiar, this mentoring takes place online". Can you tell that this is one special lady?! And to think that she's my sister in-law....WOW!!!! To read more and view more pics about her, click here: Karen J. Mathis.

I received some very pretty RAKs recently, so I'll be posting those later in the day. Hope you all have a great Wednesday!!! It's time for bed for me...

Hugs n' Aloha to all,
Jen