July 23, 2007

Challenge #8

It's time for a new challenge. I'm changing this challenge up a bit. Instead of a sketch to follow, I am challenging you all to create this type of card - it's a matchbook type of card. You can use any sized card, but it must be a matchbook type. I didn't do a layout, because I thought a photo of my sample would be a whole lot easier to understand. Besides, I have no idea how'd I create this on my "drawing" program.

Here is my card. The base of was card is 4-1/4 x 9-1/4. I scored at 4-1/4 and 8-1/2. Stapled the bottom part of my matchbook card, covered the flap with ds paper, and then wrapped a green grosgrain ribbon around that flap. Added a layer of ds paper to my main flap, then added queen bee image, and then my sentiment.










Now it's your turn. Remember, it isn't the sketch that you're following for this challenge. You are to create a "matchbook" type of card. Your submittal is due next week Saturday, as long as I get it before I check my computer Sunday morning. A winner will be randomly selected, and announced on Sunday. The winner will receive some Queen & Company brads... along with 6 SU! Inspiration Sheets.

Now, I'm off to bed.... some of you are already getting up to go to work...but I'm just heading to bed. =0)

Card Info: CS & DS - Stampin' Up!; Ribbon - Walmart; Bee Stamp - Stampendous; Sentiment Stamp - Hero Arts


Hugs to all....
Jen