July 28, 2007

Blog Sistah Of Inspiration

ALOHA!!!! Happy Saturday!!!

First off, thank you all for your warm well wishes for my journey into becoming a TAC Demo. It means so much to me to have all that support from you through my comments and emails. I am totally surrounded by loving stamping sisters!! You all rock!!!

I haven't done a "Blog Sistah of Inspiration" for a while now. I started this about a month ago, where I go and check out a website within my "Blog Sistahz" list, and just be inspired. Then I turn around, create something (somewhat close or similar) to my Blog Sistah of choice, then I share with you! =0)

With that being said.... my "Blog Sistah of Inspiration" is Kristine of "Ink Something". Her projects consists of a diversity of layers, and I just don't know how she does it. She's got an eye for creating awesome cards.... her color coordination is on key, and her cards are just way cool!!! So, go on, check out her site - look at her gallery in her side bar and you'll definitely know what I'm talking about. In the mean time - here is what I tried to do in recreating her creation. Ummm... I don't think it's nearly as cute as her's... but here it is. Hah! I made this post-it memo pad holder for one of my customers. This side of the holder (stamped with bird image) was inspired by Kristine's card which you can find here. What do you think? I don't think I've got what it takes to make creations as beautiful as Kristine's... but it was worth the try. I'm going to need a LOT of practice!!! Thanks Kristine, for sharing all of your creations with us - I totally love your style!! You are my "Blog Sistah Of Inspiration, Baby!!!".

Here are the last 2 sides of this memo pad holder.










Recipe: 1st Side shown: SU! DS Paper; Chiptopper fr Bazzill Basic Papers; Chocolate Organdy Ribbon from Offray. 2nd Side shown: DS Paper, CS and Corner Frame Chipboard - SU!; Stamp: Hero Arts (Mini Birds). 3rd Side Shown: "Smile" chiptopper fr Bazzill Basic Papers; DS Paper & CS - SU!; Bee stamp - Stampendous. 4th side shown: All products are of SU!, I painted the chipboard with green acrylic paint, let dry then stamped with doodle this stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday!!