June 19, 2007

Sketch Challenge #3

ETA: My Sample & Mini Candi Pieces

It's Sunday...you know what that means... it's time for another sketch challenge. Thought I'd make it a little different this time, it's a sketch of a tag. I haven't worked on my sample just yet - but will do when I get home tonight. Hopefully, it'll be before the feedblitz is pinged.

Here it is.... if you participate, post a comment here and be sure to include the url to your image so that I can post here.



I will update this post with what I will give away for the random selected winner, and my sample of this layout sketch. Deadline is next Saturday - 6/23. Random selected winner will be announced Saturday Eve/Sunday Morning - Hawaii Time.



Here is my sample:

I used the "Pick a Petal" SU! set that I just received and Pomegranate ink, and let me tell ya - it was so juicy when I applied the ink to the stamp, and when I stamped it on to the glossy paper, it really looked slick n' glamorous. But then the ink started soaking in, and ended up looking all blotchy. Maybe I gotta use embossing powder and heat emboss it next time. I'm going to try this again... probably using my embossing gun, and I'm also going to try it on regular cardstock. But check it out, let me know what you think. I think I need another petal. Also, this reminds me of a Hawaiian lady with a humongous flower (usually a hibiscus) in her hair.....I bet all you local girls n' formerly local girls are cracking up - cause you all nodding your head, right?!!

I will be giving 1 yard of grosgrain ribbon + 6 Stampin' Up! Inspiration Sheets to 1 randomly picked person that participates!!!




Thanks, and Have Fun!!!
Aloha,

**Jen**