June 11, 2007

Sketch Challenge #2

Happy Monday All!!!


It's King Kamehameha Day today in the State of Hawaii - State workers are on holiday break. Sorry - I meant to post this yesterday, but it was such a busy day, I just couldn't find the time to sneak over to my computer and post this week's sketch. But here it is:





My Sample:





Info: Size of Card: 4" x 8", All CS are SU!, die cuts were made with my Cricut Machine. I ran out of Pink Passion Cardstock (for the lil' flower punch on the bottom right) - so I simply colored an Ultra White Cardstock with pink passion ink - and punched that out!!


This is a long card (which fits perfectly in a #10 envelope) - but to me, it doesn't matter what size you create, just as long as the sketch layout is pretty much the same! Do what you like, and just have a great time with it. This sketch challenge came at great timing, cause I created this card for a 1st birthday of a lil' girl whose birthday party we attended last night. She's bright n' bouncy, so I thought the bright colors suited her personality well! Here's a photo of Cy n' Chazz at the party (aren't they so cute?!?!)......back to the card, I also created it in bright colors for another reason.... another Jen (yes, she too is glamourous.... just like me!), and she is having a challenge this week, which is to bus' out and use my **bright** colors. So, I figure - do my sketch challenge, using her color combo challenge - what a wonderful idea huh?!.... together we make 1 big challenge for myself...."Ka-Wa-BuNG-Ga!!!".... and there you have it - my creation.


For those that decide to play along with my sketch challenge this week, be sure to post a comment here after you post to the web, with a link to it - I will draw a winner randomly using random.org, and the lil' Candi Pieces I'm going to give away is a yard of that Magenta Grosgrain Ribbon you see in the sample photo, as well as the following 3 Stampin' Up! Inspiration Sheets: Pocket Fun; Something To Celebrate; and Wild About You!!! Good Luck n' Have Fun!!!


Toodles!
Jen