June 17, 2007

My Blog Sistah Of Inspiration

Within my sidebar...I have a list of "Blog Sistahz", and I'm totally inspired by each and every one of them. When I have some free time, I love to blurf around, and check out these sites, and grab some inspiration and ideas from them. I want to share some of these ideas and inspirations with you, by CASEING (Copy And Share Everything) something from a Blog Sistah. I have been thinking about doing this for a while now. 'm sure glad that I'm finally getting the chance to do this. I'm going to try and feature a Blog Sistah at least once a month or twice if I can even do that. I'm going to CASE something from the Blog Sistah that has inspired me, and blab alittle about her, therefore, tagging it "My Blog Sistah Of Inspiration".



My first blog sistah of inspiration that I've choosen is non other than Maria Bell. I love her stuff! She's got an eye for piecing things together, and her project end results are beautiful. Maria is formerly from Hawaii, and although I've never known her while she was living here - through our daily emails, and comments, we've grown to know each other quite well as sistahz. She loves loves loves ribbons!!! Which is such an inspiration to me. Why?! Well - I love ribbons too, but for some reason, I don't want to "waste" them on my projects. Ack! I buy so many - and then I don't even use them. Maria has inspired me to "use your dang ribbons, Jen!" - (ok, she didn't actually say that to me, but her projects do!!!). Maria had recently purchased a CR (Craft Robot), which she writes that is just like the Cricut machine - which you all know that I have. Both CR and Cricut have their pros n' cons (you can read about it on her's n' my blog postings). But as she uses her CR machine, I am inspired to use my Cricut.

So here's what I CASED:

Maria used her CR machine to create the sentiment "Smile", and the larger flower on her card. The other flowers on top of the die cut I believe is from the Stampin' Up! set called "Big Blooms".




Here is my CASED version. I wanted to use the same sentiment that Maria did, so I checked my cartridges, and lo n' behold, the cartridge called "Mini Monograms" had a "Smile" sentiment as well. If I didn't have a "smile" sentiment - I think I would've just gone with something else. I also layered my sentime using the "shadow" function on my Cricut. I then used a flower that just so happen to be on the same cartridge (yay!), and cut them in 3 sizes: 3-1/2", 2" 1-1/2".... I was going to stamp them also with my canvas background stamp - but my DL Holly is borrowing it right now (no worry Holly, just return when you pau!), so I used my CB Swirls Emb Folder instead. I used a SU! button for the flowers button, then tied a thin organdy ribbon through it. I then stamped the leaves from "Bodacious Bouqet" with Old Olive. I "shook-shook" the edges with my sponge - and added a adhesive backed ribbon to my card. Whala!! It's done... Sorry about the watermark - I was using my laptop, and it doesn't have my WM images on there. Oh well... it works for me for now....

Thanks Maria for being my "Blog Sistah of Inspiration". Maria also has another blog called "Card Inspired", I don't know how she keeps up with these 2 sensational sites...but she does - I think I will be CASING another one of your projects soon, Maria!!

Thanks for looking!!!

Aloha,

**Jen**