June 23, 2007

For My Newest Baby Niece


I love this set - "In The Spotlight" - I've used it create my last 3 projects that I've posted so far. I made this especially for my niece "Eilinah" that was just born to my friend "Indai" Hanilie and her hubs - Braddah Brian, and you all know by now that she named her baby after her, just with her name backwards. Yea, Lei (short for Hanilie) is corny like me. But I didn't think a boys name of "Nej" would've sound good. hahaha.... I wanted to give this card to the little one to welcome her home, and I wanted to give it an "aloha look". I've used the flower from "In The Spotlight" because it kinda looks like a plumeria flower which is common here, to use as a "Lei" - which you present to someone when you welcome them home, or if they are going "bye-bye". Lei is very "aloha" herself - even though she's not Hawaiian... well, most of us here are very "aloha" anyways....it just becomes a part of us. I think she's going to love this card.... I'm not worried about her seeing it on here - cause she's not into stamping n' scrapping, so not to worry - I'm not spoiling her surprise....tee hee!!! I'm mailing out a box of goodies to her on Monday.

Card Info: "In The Spotlight", "I'm Here" stamp sets, yellow brads, gingham ribbon and cardstocks are SU!, DS paper from DCWV, lil' toesies is a cuttlebug mini embossing folder from the "It's A Boy" set. Used my scallop scissors to cut diagonally across my DS paper then pierced with my paper piercer within each scallop.


I'm working on another tutorial....so come back again later, I hope to have it posted sometime by tonight.



Toodles!!!

Jen