June 23, 2007

F....is for Forever Friends, and Beate's Challenge

My CTMH supplier and friend, Jean is going to totally LOVE this post. Well Jean, this one's for you babe! You've waited and waited, and I've put it aside for a long long time now. Gee gosh.... well - you all know I'm a collector right?! I like to collect things. Especially when they are cute and something for stamping, or scrapping. So, I think sometime last year (was it last year, or the beginning of this year, Jean?)...anyways, Close To My Heart came out with these very cute alphabet sets - called, "Solo A", "Solo B", and so on and so on... I wanted the whole set - but I only got 1/2 of the set - I think most of the letters that I thought I'd used. That was about 6 months ago....or more... so what gives?! Why use it now?! Well... a little after CTMH came out with these cute sets - Hero Arts also came out with cute clear alphabet sets. I said, "Forget it! I'm NOT going to get it - cause I'm going to get the ones from Jean", and I did get the ones from Jean. But then, just a few days ago - I came across the Hero Arts catalog, and those letters appealed to me AGAIN. I'm pretty sure it was appealing to the "collector" part of my mind. I broke down.... Headed over to my girlfriend's hubby's store - J's Knicknack's... and he had them there. I was a happy Mama. Bought every alpha, except B, S, T, M & N... so if any of you know where I can get these letters for cheap - please contact me (littlecs7@msn.com). So back to my card... anyways - thought I'd break into my CTMH sets prior to breakin' into the HA sets, cause that just wouldn't be fair to my CTMH sets if I didn't used them first, would it?! Plus, it also eliminates the questions of "what is she doing?! she already has the CTMH sets - what for does she need the HA sets for?!" LOL!!! They are totally different... see, if you are a collector like me, you'd know the difference. Uh, hey Jean, I think I need to complete my CTMH set now.... LOL!!!! Oh, and by the way - I also created this card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. Thanks for the sketch Beate!! It was simply fun to create!!! I really enjoyed using these clear stamps - I didn't have to fret about where I'd have my images...you bet I'll be using more of these now a days. Yes, I'm a stamp whore - maybe if Stampin' Up! were to start creating clear stamps I wouldn't have to "stray".... oh well, in the meantime, Jean will just have to feed my fire....bwahahahahahhaa!!!!

Card Info: CS and DS Paper - Stampin' Up!, BG designs are SU!'s "In The Spotlight", Bee stamp from Stampendous, "F", "Forever Friends" square stamp, "favorite" and "friends" stamps are from CTMH, Red w/White polka dots sheer ribbon is an Offray ribbon I bought from Walmart.