May 30, 2007

What I've Been Working On....






Well, for the pass 2 days, I have been working on this project. It's for a challenge that was posted by my blog sister, Maria - which she is giving away blog candy for having over 500+ count of readers. Can you believe it?! Unbelieveable!!! You should check out her site too, if you haven't already - cause she's got tons of ideas to share, and not to mention plenty of tutorials as well. Her challenge is to create using one of her tutorials or sketches.... so, I challenge myself and went for Maria's challenge.
I didn't realize that she had a tutorial for this one, therefore I went off of what I saw on her site. After looking at her tutorial, I see that I sorta measured wrong in some places. But hey - it's not known, unless I point it out, right?! This Purse holds 4 notecards that I created, and 4 envelopes. To see Maria's version of this project - click here.
So, here's what I used for this project.... Cardstock used are SU!'s Certainly Celery, and Barely Banana. Design Series Paper is also SU! - it's from the Spring's Mini Catalog "Petals & Paisleys", the "J" is a Sizzix die cut, and the flower on the buckle is a Cuttlebug embossing folder (ain't it so dang cute?!). Brads are SU!, and the buckles (where the ribbons are going through) were created using the Slot punch and the Round Tab punch. Then, I took a black sharpie, and made stitches - all over. The buckle that holds the flower goes through an opening that was created with the Word Window punch. Here are more pictures of this project. I really enjoyed creating this project, I'm just so thankful that my baby was asleep at the time I was creating it.


I created 4 notecards to go into this purse. I used the "Shelley Sheepdog" from Whipper Snapper, and watercolored her. The scallop was cut out using my Cricut (so is the circle) - then I dotted each scallop with my Rose marker. I used the same DS paper to match with the purse, and same cardstocks as well. I also used the Designer Label punch for the sentiment on the bottom right of the card. The ribbon on that label is attached with a staple - and when tied, it hides the staple (brilliant eh?!). The ribbon is the same organdy ribbon that I've used for the straps on the purse.




Well - I know I haven't been posting in a while.... I hope this makes up for lost time.





Top View of purse....
Took this pic so you could see how I used the Word Window punch to hold the buckle down.