May 6, 2007

Stampin' Up!™ Retiring Stamp Sets

This morning, I got up super early before the babes of the house woke up. I went through my Stampin' Up!™ collection, and pulled put all the sets that are soon going to be saying "bye-bye". How sad, isn't it? All these sets... no longer available - oh, but I'm sooo looking forward to the new stuffs that they are going to be presenting. Can't wait. I'm so addicted to flower sets, 2 step stamping sets, and line art sets - which ones are you addicted to?


Here's a photo of all the sets that I have that are retiring. I will be having a "Retirement Party" on the 27th of May. Therefore, I've got to work my butt off creating using these sets. Cause I want to present samples, and I'm even going to do a make n' take of 5 easy projects. How about you? What are your plans?!




What do you end up doing with your retired sets? For me, I love my stamps. Not only that, I'm also a collector. Some of these sets that I have are retiring and aren't even mounted or used yet! That's how bad of a collector I am. But still, I'm not going to get rid them. What I do, is I unmount them, and then mount them again using Creative Cling Foam - which allows me to store them in folders! Yes... I have them categorized in themes per folder... and when I want to use them, all I'd have to do is pull one out - and stick em to my acrylic block (because the Creative Cling Foam allows your stamp to stick on any smooth surface). Here is a photo of one of my folders. I use 3-1/2" sized 3 ringed folders. There are about 25 stamp sets in this folder right now, and I can still fit about 3 more pages, which will hold about 3 stamp sets each! That's 9 more sets!!!! Isn't that GREAT?!?!?! This has saved me tons of space, and I feel so much better that I don't have to get rid of these stamps.


So what do you do? If you have some ideas, please share with me - I'm open to any ideas any time!



Have a wonderful Sunday, Sisters!!!