May 1, 2007

My Can O' Bellas - Another Altered Can

Sorry about not posting any projects yesterday. I swear, I was about to - and then I put the baby down to sleep... you guessed it, I fell asleep right besides him!!! ARGH!! But it's still early in the day - so I'm going to post this, as I know the world is still awakening....(at least here in Hawaii)....

This past weekend, as I prepared to open up a can of spam to fry up for breakfast {{YES!!! Us locals LOVE our Spam for breakfast (lunch n' dinner too!!!) - it's a delicatesen here....lol!!!}} - anyways, back to the can. I went to pull the ring on the top - and "pop" - the dang ring broke right off!!! First thing I thought about was, "GREAT - how the heck am I going to get them spam out?" - then I thought of my Pampered Chef can opener. But you see, ever since I've made that 1st altered can, and used my PC can opener - I've only used my PC can opener on cans that I would even think of altering! I didn't want to simply use it just to take spam out (I have another can opener for those). But there would be no way to open that spam can, cause the other opener that I have opens cans the "original - cut your hand if you touch the edge" kinda way, and with SPAM cans, they have that edge that is sooo huge, how is my "other" can opener going to even puncher it? Yep - I was putting too much thought into it!!! BUT then - I thought, I could probably make it work - the can that is, if I used my PC can opener, then I could possibly dress it up... make it pretty.... oh pretty.... pretty reminded me of my new Bellas that I got. Which I have been trying to think of a way to organize them. So I said maybe this spam can will hold my Bellas. Thus, my Can O' Bellas was formed....and the spam can was finally opened with my PC can opener. {{{Hahaha... believe me, there was a WHOLE conversation going on with myself that Sunday morning - but it was going a lot quicker than having to blog it here}}}....


I dressed it up, and made it pretty...I used SU!'s Chocolat design paper - which I just received sometime last week. Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, that round flower stamp is from one of my favorite sets, "Seeing Spots", and the alphabet set is a retired SU! set - but I still love it. However, I had to improvise on some letters, as my baby had scattered this set all over my house, and I was missing some letters. The letter "b" is actually an upside down "q", and the letter "s" is actually created with two "?" - but just the top end of it. See it?! Wasn't that such a glam thing for me to do?!




So here it is with the girls sticking their heads out - as you can she, they are all smiling, as the can does NOT smell like spam.....












Here is a top view, cause I wanted to show how the Bellas are fitting, as you can see - I have plenty of boarding room for the other 12 girls arriving soon!! There is already 3 girls in there, + 1 "MWAH" that is occupying this can. It's going to make a nice convinient home for all, don't cha think?!







This is it's place of sitting, on my shelf, right in front of my window, next to my phone. Ahhh...Welcome Home Ladies!!!