May 20, 2007

My Birthday Bin

Happy Sunday All!! This morning, Chazz was invited by his Grandparents (my in-laws) to go fishing... how cool is that?! That's super cool according to him. As for me, I headed out to my mom's, and because I'm heading out again to another function, I don't think I will be able to post anything new today, tho' I thought I'd post something I've created some time ago. I know most of the local girls here in Hawaii have seen it - but thought I'd just share with the other glamorous bloggettes out there.



Here is my "Birthday Bin". (Sorry, picture is kinda dark as it was taken with my previous camera). This is a tin lunch can, covered with DS paper from Junkitz, and I used my Cricut Machine to cut the letterings. It's from the George n' Basic Shapes cartridge. The letter "b" chipboard, huge polka dot brad and silk flower are Bazzill Basic Paper products, and I can't remember where I got the charm from, probably from Walmart. The ribbons are Chocolate, Lt Blue and Lt Pink all from my supplier.




When you open it up, I have designated 2 cardstocks per month, and have printed on Ultra White CS the name of the month, as well as numbers. The tabs were cut out using a sizzlit die cut from Sizzix, I believe it's called #1 tab. The months are computer generized using 2 Pea's font called "Airplane" (I may be wrong on this.... going right off the top of my head, and it's kinda spacey that high). To use this bin, you could actually put the person's name on the date of the month (like if my birthday falls on the 10th, I'd put my name there), or simple list the people's names on the month, and possibly putting the date of birth in parentheses. I think the 2nd part would be the best choice, as there may be more than 1 person's birthday on the same day. HOWEVER... the 1st way would be better if you'd like to make sure you don't miss anyone's birthday in the right order. But you can decide whichever why you want to do it.


Here's what's in the works for me....

  • 5/22, Tuesday: Scrap Session - a 4 hour session for scrap happy ladies....
  • 5/23, Wednesday: Cuttlebug Session - a 3 hour session for CB happy ladies.....
  • Baby Swap - OVERDUE! Still waiting on 2 more participants in receiving their swap.
  • Appetizer Swap - OVERDUE! Still waiting on 7+ participants in receiving their swaps.
  • Beate's Sketch Challenge. I know it was due this morning, but I still want to try it out, and I'm working on it - so when I get home later today, I'm going to finish it up, and let her know about it.
  • Many have asked for a "tutorial" on the Mama's Day insert that I've made for my Mama. So, I will work on that and post that soon.
  • My 2nd shipment of Bella's have finally arrived!!! I'm not going to BORE you with another picture of my spendings, but these ladies are going to want to be seen (maybe in about a week or two...), so I've got to get working on those too!!!

Anyways, just wanted to post something, I'm off to my appointment - will catch you all later!!! Oh, and by the way - I've added a clock so that you can see how far apart in time we are..... ain't it just the coolest?! Most of you are having lunch when I'm just getting up!!!