May 22, 2007

My 1st Scrap Session

Hello All.. Today, I held my very 1st scrap session. It was fun!! The ladies that attended really enjoyed themselves, and we all had a great time. This session for me was a little different. I didn't have any layouts or templates for the attendees to follow - rather, I allowed them to bring their photos, and gave them ideas on how to possibly lay them out. I also had out several of my die cutting machines, and allowed them to utilize any and all of what I had. For $15, here is what each attendee received:
  • 2 - 12 x 12 Cardstocks (of their choice)
  • 3 - DS Paper (of their choice)
  • 1 - Set of Q&C Embellishements (of their choice)
  • Pizza and a Drink
  • Utilization of my machines, die cuts, and scraps

Some attending were **new** at scrapbooking, infact for 1 - it was her 1st time! For me, it was the first time I've held a session like this, so.... in the beginning, honestly - it was kinda scary. I didn't know if they'd like my ideas, and what I had to offer each of them. But that was basically all they needed... ideas, encouragement and motivation. I just threw out what came to my mind, and they took it from there. I presented some sample pages of what I already had on hand, and let them know what kinda scrapper I was. Which is plenty of photos, must have journaling, and not a whole lotta embellishments....unless of course they are souveniers. I've said this to them throughout the session, that "there is no wrong way to scrap".... I loved what they all came up with. We plan to meet again for another scrap session (which tells me that they loved my ideas! - YAY!!!). So, I'm glad... here are their layouts - oh and my baby boy was even helping out with the cranking of a Sidekick....





Here's my babe, hard at work....

After all of the scrapping, we took our time eating, and just had a great conversation going. The ladies then shopped at my store, and went crazy (which I totally didn't mind AT ALL!!!). Thanks ladies!!! I had a great time!!!

I have a Cuttlebug Session tomorrow... making 3 simple CB projects. Will post here later after all is done.