May 7, 2007

My 1st Joy Fold Card

Hello Ladies... I was stalking Beate's blog the other day (who doesn't?!).... I am always inspired whenever I "hang out" at her place. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm inspired by lots of other blogs out there, but Beate just gets me going - she's like a hip hop rap song that makes me wanna strut my stuff and create, ya know? Doesn't she give you that feeling? I tell ya, that woman, she has a wonderful personality, great color coordination (which I have a heck of a time doing) and super motivation skills that just reaches across the sea to me - that's about 10,000 miles!!! Now, that's SKILLS!!!! So while over at her place the other day, I was checking out her "Joy Fold" tutorial, and seen that she's made several cards this way. I just sooo love it! I had to try it. It was fairly easy, after I did all the cutting, and measuring - and then I had to decorate it. I didn't decorate it elaborately as she did - but I at least got the concept.... because I'm working on my samples for my retirement party - I used some sets that will be retiring this year!






Card Recipe:

DS paper from SU!, Birthday Beauty* & Polka Dots and Paisleys stamp sets, Cuttlebug Mini Embossing Folder (scallop - embossed, then cut out with scallop scissors), Orchid grosgrain ribbon, stapler, CS: Pretty in Pink, Cert Celery, Caribbean Blue, Ultra White. Inks: Pretty In Pink, Black, Lovely Lilac. I cut out her dress using SU! DS paper from the SAB collection this year, and if you look close, her banner says "princess" which I took from the stamp set A Little Love*.

*denotes sets that will be retiring this catalog year (6/30/07).