May 13, 2007

Ticket Punch Look Without A Ticket Punch

Happy Mama's Day All!!!!

Hope everyone is having a much glamorous day today (or in some place "had") - cause you all deserve it. I made omelette for the family this morning for breakfast, and now just killing some time before I start cooking for a luncheon at my mom's. Thought I'd give ya'll a little treat for this day as well....



I had the opportunity to see some beautiful cards that Mama Wini created, and on one of them, she used the ticket punch. Which automatically made me want to have one. But, of course, as usual, I would wait until I want a bunch of stuffs, then I go and order it (I'm talking about ordering from Stampin' Up!™.










However, while on my quest to create some samples using retired stamps, I somehow had the urge to use a ticket punch, cause I just wanted to, ya know?! So what did I do? Well I thought - the ticket punch looked basically like an invert corner punch right?! So, maybe I can just cut with my scissors, and do that. But then a light went on in my head and I thought - I've got all these punches that can create the inverted corner punch look.... hahahhahahaha.... what a trip!!!! You are all going to love this. The ticket punch is already in your box of punches!!! Infact, you have more ticket punches than any other punches that you already have!!! How's that? Well... you see here!? All of these punches can do what the ticket punch will do.










Here.... all you have to do is put in a lil' tiny bit of your corner - BUT wait, you gotta make sure that the corner of your paper is in there evenly. By the way, it's time for me to get a refill on my nails...hmmm maybe I can have them done today?!










Anyways, so you do all 4 corners.. and you get the same results as what a ticket punch would do. INFACT... I think all of these punches will allow you different results - depending on how much of a corner you want to punch out. You may want to punch out a little, or a LOT. It's up to you - with the actual ticket punch, I believe there is just a notch of your corner that is punched out, am I right?! I don't know - cause I don't have it.... but I have all of these!!!! WOW!!!! I bet you're trippin' right now, and want to go into your box of punches to go and see if you have circle punches... and yes, even the Word Window punch!!!! You just have to find that right angle, and punch out... yea, even my Balloon Punch can do it!!! Can you believe that?!?! It's soo fricken unbelieveable, ain't it?!?! The slit punch, circle punches, window word punch, balloon punch... oh, the oval punches can't do it though. So don't bother trying. I'm just happy that I can share this with cha all!!! Now that I have a "ticket punch" (and then some), I can now create with a ticket look on my projects.




The card below is what I created, and I used the ticket look on that barely banana strip going across..... check it out!!!!




Hope this tip has tickled you where you haven't been tickled in a while..... tee hee.... I know it has me....

Hafta show you what the lil' window is hiding.... behind there, you can see that it says, "A New Little Someone". The supplies I used were: Barely Banana and Bashful Blue CS, Inks are Pretty In Pink and Bashful Blue, Stamp Set is A New Little Someone*, and the CB embossing folder is called Devine Swirls. The window cut out is a Sizzlits die cut, grosgrain and brads are also of SU! I cut the bunny out very carefully - and added dimensionals to the back for a cute look. Dots in the window are hand dotted by me.