May 11, 2007

Favors For Chazz' Party

I was really working off my butt like I said I was....here is the favor that I came up with for Chazz' birthday party next week. I cut this out using my Cricut Machine. This one is the "Popcorn Box" from the cartridge called "Tags n' Things"...haha is that what it's called?! I had to go walk over to my craft table, and check to make sure - and I was wrong. It's actually called, "Tags, Bags, Boxes n' More" - I like my title better tho', it's shorter, and easier to remember. As I was saying, it came from my Cricut cartridge called, "Tags n' Things", and I cut it at 5-1/2" - the maximum size that I could cut at. I cut out several others before this one...one was a gift bag, another was a nut cup (what the heck?!), and as I ran both by Chazz, the gift bag looked to "girly" and the nut cup gave him a strange look on his face. Those were out the window. Then I came across this one... he loves the color red, and the box was big enough to place 3 of his favorite candies in it. It also cut out with 1 slot on each side, so I decided to cut a small enough handle to go through there, and then have brads hold them together. I rolled the jumbo "Happy Birthday" wheel twice on the box before assembling, and then used the stamp set Riveting* for the lil' "Thanks So Much" tag. Punched out with my 1-1/4" circle punch, and then punched out a Night of Navy CS using my 1-3/8" circle punch, then layered on there. Ribbon is Navy grosgrain from SU!.


Now I just gotta make 23 more by next week Wednesday (the party is on the 19th - but you know me and my "orginizing skills"...."Early is On Time, and On Time is Late..." - I try to live by this motto - unless of course I want to make a grand entrance! Cha!!!


Oh... on another note - you know, as I was looking through my Cricut cartridges, I found that there is a lot of designs on these cartridges that I have already have on some Sizzix original die cuts. I am seriously thinking of doing away with some of my original Sizzix cuts, cause what's the sense if I already have it on the Cricut right? Plus I can make them multiple sizes, so even more so..... Oh, Please comment and give me your 2 cents on this - tell me your pros n' cons - I know there are plenty out there that have the same stuffs I do.... so what'd ya think?! Can you help a sistah out with your thoughts?!
*denotes retiring SU! stamps this catalog year...