May 10, 2007

Cards I worked on yesterday

I have so much things to do!!! Chazz' birthday is right around the corner (my baby is turning 11!!!!), can't believe how quick he is growing up!!! Anyways we're having a lil' sha-bang with his friends from school, and cousins of course... that means I have goodie bags to create - which I will try n' utilize my Cricut for, and then Thank You cards to create. Man oh man!!

I have 2 swaps to finish... Baby Swap, and Recipe Swap...which I gotta get done within 5 days! (All you participating in my swap - DON'T FORGET!!!!), I still have to post the most recent swap that I hosted, which was the SAB swap... no worry, I'll post them eventually. I have 2 watermark requests - which ladies, I haven't forgotten... Mother's Day cards to send out - I didn't post a picture of it, cause it's the same design that I used for the Thank You card the other day for that lady {{{{oh, and which by the way she didn't go for, cause she thought my prices were too high!!!! - I said $2-$3 per card, is that too high?!?! Not when it's personally created, right??! Oh, and then how's this - she then wanted to just buy my CS with the embossed image of the "Thank You" background, so I quoted her $0.75/CS....she's still thinking about it. Well, if it becomes a "RUSH" then I'll have to add $0.25 more, huh?!?!!}}}, I also have my SU! Retirement Party to work on, and then finally this Scrap Session I'm going to have... busy, busy!!! hahaha - all of these stuffs that I have to do, I haven't forgotten, and will eventually get to - stick with me and ride along and see how everything unfolds. hahaha... that's a laughter of a crazy mad scramper.... where's glamorous me? I'll have to contain myself, breathe in slowly, and just go with the flow, right??!??!

Ok, thanks for letting me vent... just for listening to that, I have some treats for you....


Yesterday, I worked on some cards that took me forever to work on. I tried to make some masculine cards, and first came up with this one. Doesn't it look so plain and simple? It is plain, but not simple - well, yea, if you're going to just copy it - but I took forever to actually like it where I could say, ok - it's pau (done). Anyways, the stamp is from SU!'s All I have Seen*, and the DS paper is from 3 Bugs. CS is Not Quite Navy, and Ultra White.






After finishing up that card, I made another masculine birthday card, but used my CB embossing folder (Happy Birthday) to create, and because I liked that one the best, I sent it off to the birthday guy without taking a picture. Oh well...

This card here is totally showing my lack of mojo.... ugh! But just thought I'd share. When I took the picture, I thought that the dog looked naked!! So, I had to add some color, and a drew in a cute lil' dog paw print on the tag to give it a little flare. Did it work? What do you think?!


I used the set called Ruff Day*, CS is Very Vanilla, and Bordering Blue, and the DS paper is from SU!'s Sentimental Journey. Oh yea, and the star is from SU!'s Love It* hostess set, which I stamped with versa mark directly unto the CS. I then doodled a border around the dog image. I feel like I should've made the doggie's head 3D or something....no mojo...

Finally, back to creating cute cards again.... here is a birthday card, using SU!'s Bold Butterfly*, and my CB Happy Birthday embossing folder. I cut out the amount of section that I wanted to use, and embossed only that piece. Kinda like when you add crimped paper to your creations, yea? Well, it was a quite simple card to make - but still fun. If you look closely at the butterfly, you will see that I've used the "kissing" technique - but I didn't ink the stamp I was kissing, I just stamped on it, to soften the color a lil' bit. Do you see the faint flower on the upper left part of the wing? I cut the butterfly out, and then curled it's wings with my finger nails. The sentiment is from Simply Sayings II*.

On other things.... my hit count has already passed 3000!!! Can anyone say "Sweet Candi Pieces Please!!!!"