April 28, 2007

My 1st Bella Creation









Mood: I'm a happy Mama!!!

My 1st shipment of Bellas arrived yesterday. Yes, you've read right, it's my 1st shipment. You see, after placing my order of only 3 Bellas, I started coming across more n' more Bella creations - just like before buying a new car, you don't notice it, or you kinda think it's cute, but then you buy it, and then see it everywhere!! Hahaha.... So, after seeing more n' more Bella creations in blog world, hello....?!?!? I had to, yes had to just get me more.... I didn't want to be stuck in the middle of the night, having a Bella addiction withdrawal, and not being able to have the stamp that another glamorous bloggette is presenting. I got me 12 more!! I bella get to work on them when they get in. Can't wait - I'm soooo looking forward to them arriving!!!

With this shipment, I've decided to 1st use "teddybella", cause at the BBQ today, I just found out that one of my girlfriends is expecting!!! What wonderful news huh? A great excuses to use and create with my Bella too!! So, here it is:




What'da ya think?! I'm taking a liking to both my Designer Label punch, and my CB Embossing Folders (background). But you see, the background was actually used earlier today as a demonstration to the gals, to show them this awesome Cuttlebug product! I couldn't let it go to waste - so now, the expecting mother is going to receive this card through the mail, and see how it turned out. I stamped my bella on 2 designed papers, and cut out the parts that I wanted (dress n' pants). It's like creating a paper doll, cutting is very intricate, and it can be very peaceful if your baby is asleep - but pure madness if he is awake. I was lucky to have him sleeping at the time I was cutting. Whew!! There is actually a lil' bow on her 'opu (tummy), but it didn't stamp clearly. It's ok though - if you didn't have this stamp, you wouldn't have known if I didn't tell ya, right? I like how it turned out - these Bella's are so saucy... kinda like how I would wanna look like if I was a stamp, ya know? Just a note to those that are looking to purchase these Bellas...the stamps are unmounted. All you receive is the rubber with image. You will need an acrylic block and either e-z mount foam, or tack n' peel to utilize these stamps. I choose to use tack n' peel. If you chose this method, you can also use a wooden block for stamping your image. I had a little trouble at first stamping the image evenly, (hence the missing bow on 'opu), but I stuck a mouse pad under my cardstock to even out the stamping, and this helped. Oh, you might wanna make sure your ink pad is inked up as well. My black ink pad is sorta caved in right in the middle - so this could also be the reason why the bow didn't show up on her 'opu. I stamped the label stamp on white CS, and punched out a label on Summer Sun CS. Attached Rose grosgrain ribbon with a staple, and handwrote my sentiment, which says, "Congratulations!". Her hair is colored with Close to Cocoa, cause in real life, this prego girlfriend of mines got brown hair. I then "masked" her legs n' shoes {{I haven't done this in a long long long long time!!!}}}, and sponged through a punched out large oval with Summer Sun ink. I got the idea of masking, and sponging through a punched out large oval from another glamorous bloggette's blog.... {{sorry - don't remember who you are, but at least your idea stuck in my head! So, thanks alot for this idea, dear!!}}. It took me awhile to create - but I had a lot of fun!!! Looking forward in receiving my next shipment... oh wait, I already said that. Well, thanks to my girl Teri, I now am jonzing for another addiction!!



BTW - I received a RAK today - well, actually, I got it couple days ago, and I forgot to post it. It's from my friend Cheryl U., who happens to be Teri's sister. (Her real sister). She sent me this card to thank me for ordering a book for her.... love it! She always sends me cute cards - what a dear!!

Well, I'm off to eat dinner, and spend the rest of the evening with my 10 year old - we're watching "Sky High" tonight. Baby is still sleeping, and daddy is in movieland on his dvd player....

Toodaloo!!!