April 20, 2007

How To Emboss w/Metal Templates Using the Big Shot

Howzit going blogging sisters.....


I saw somewhere on another post that someone wanted to know how to emboss with metal templates on your Big Shot, Cuttlebug etc., etc., I thought I'd do a simple demonstration on it....

Ok, first - you're going to need this "embossing kit" - it's basically 5 shimmies, and 1 leather type pad. I sell these in my store....



Here's the other stuffs... big shot, metal template, cutting pad, and the sandwich pads:

You're going put the items in this order (from the bottom): Cutting pad, 5 shimmies, 1 sandwich pad, leather pad, metal template, cardstock or paper, 2nd sandwich pad. Line them up nicely, and run them all through your die cut machine.


As you can see - the results are just as gorgeous - but you create it in a quicker amount of time!!!


Here's what I did with my embossed image, so that you know what became of it...

colored with watercolor crayons around my kois



Outlined with black...


added water to the crayon coloring...



colored kois with ink pens....


competed my card with eyelets (used my crop-a-dile), and then used a cuttlebug background for my card (ran the entire card through - and embossed on 1/2 the card), layered on gold paper - and all done!!!
Stay tuned... I will be giving this beautiful card away to one lucky reader!!!

Have a wonderful Friday, sisters!!!

ALOHA!!!