April 19, 2007

From Jen's Kitchen....Butter Mochi Recipe

Yesterday was a stay home, catch up, read other gal's blogs and do chores kinda day - which always gets me in the mood for baking. I went through my "6x6 Recipe Swap Book", and came across my own recipe of Butter Mochi. I had this recipe swap to get other people's recipe - and what do I do? I make my own recipe - how vain huh?! I think I had the swap so that the recipes around mines will liven up the recipe book a bit. They all just look so tasty next to each other!!! The mochi is even tastier though - so I want to share with you. Have you ever had mochi?! This is a soft n' squishy type of dessert, that can be eaten anytime of the day (very tasty in the wee hours of the night, when everyone is sleeping). Ohh, but there is an outer layer that is a lil' but crunchy, and I think that's why my toes curl when I bite into them. I wish all of you were here to try a piece!!! Hopefully, if you can make this in your home, then you'll know exactly why I'm crazy about this dish. So here goes....and it's super easy too!!!





Here are your ingredients: 20 oz. Mochiko Sweet Rice Powder (2 10 oz boxes); 1 Block of Butter; 1-1/2 Cups of Sugar; 4 Eggs; 1 Can Evaporated Milk (2 cups); 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder; 12 Oz Coconut Milk; and 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla; 9x13 Baking Pan







Mix all the dry ingredients together in 1 bowl, and the liquid ingredients in another bowl. That way you get a balanced mixture of each content (I learned this from Rachel Ray!!)















Now slowly stir in your liquid mixture into your dry mixture.

































Mix it all up untill it all becomes one big bowl of smoothness....















Oh yummy!!! It's coming right along... now pour into a 9 x 13 Baking Pan (Aluminium or Glass is fine).

Into the oven it goes. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (if using an aluminum pan) or at 325 degrees for 1 hour (if using a glass pan).











Let cool for 30 minutes. Cut using a plastic knife... and grind!!!



























Enjoy!!!!

To view recipe with less photos - ck it out at my family's blog. I'm also thinking of doing another 6x6 recipe swap soon - so, if you're interested, subscribe to my blog, and you will be notified when the swap is posted.

Thanks for reading!!! I'm off to eat...



Toodles!!