April 26, 2007

Creating With My Cricut Machine

Today, I decided on creating with my Cricut Machine. This was a hard one, I tell ya. I didn't want to use different cartridges, so I stuck to this one cartridge called "Beyond Birthdays". To make it simplier too - I figure, use 1 cartridge, and on another day, I can use another.





I love the Cricut Machine - then again, I love all the dang machines out in the market today!! But, I especially love the Cricut Machine because, well, mainly because it's an electronic device. Me n' electronic devices go together, somehow. But, the other thing I love about this machine is that it can cut several die cuts, at one time, in different sizes. I'm totally attracted to the fact that I can cut this 1 large letter, or design, and then immediately cut the same letter or design at a smaller size. The downfall about this product (in my opinion) is that the stickiness of the cutting mat doesn't last very long. I think I've mentioned this before in a previous post. And of course, you can't emboss with it. But the combination of amount of dies you can cut can easily add up to thousands of cuts.... I just wish they had some kinda recyling plan on their mats!!





Ok, off to my creations.... Let's see, for this tag, I used SU!'s Morning Marigold CS, and Ki Memories' designed paper. SU!'s grosgrain ribbons - Bluebird and Light Orchid. The sentiment is my Cricut's die cut. It actually cut it out on SU!'s Certainly Celery, but used Lt Blue embossing powder to change it up a bit. Why did I do that, when I could've easily cut a Bashful Blue CS? This, I have no idea why... just playing around, I guess.





This "Thanks" card was created using SU!'s Long Notes...the sentiment was cut out with my Cricut Machine on Camoe Coral CS, and then I gave it a little definition with my white gel pen. Everything else are stickers from the "Flowers and Friends" hostess simply scrappin' kit.





For this card, I used True Thyme, Cranberry Crisp and Morning Marigold CS, the design paper is from the Recollection series. Used my scallop scissors to cut the edges, and of course the "Mum" is what I used my Cricut Machine for. Although we don't say "Mum" here - I thought it was cute.... don't cha think?! Also, the Cricut has a feature where I can cut something out, and then cut the layer of it out with just a touch of a button. This is exactly how I created the cut for the layer of the word "Mum".





This scrapbook page was created back some time ago - but thought I'd post it to share with you anyways. As you can see - the first letter of my title is created at a size of 5" (Letter 'C'), and then the other letters are smaller. Oh, and they are layerd too!!! Love it, Love it!!!





Hope you've enjoyed today's projects....